We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Microwaves at ATL?

OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Public Microwaves at ATL?

We are flying internationally out of ATL in Jan... would like to heat up some food prior to boarding...the goal is to avoid the terrible airplane food. Ive been through several times but never specifically looked for a public eating area and if there were microwaves available.

Thanks!!

Beagle09

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

I've never heard of such a thing. Why not bring something that doesn't need to be heated or just buy something at the airport. There is a wide array of shops, many of them with quite good food.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,824 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

Nope.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

Just curious - have you seen that at any airport?

OHIO
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

We have it at our cafeteria at work and thought I'd ask. I probably will just buy food, just prefer my own that's all. Thanks!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

Then you will have to deal with the containers. Sounds like a bit of work.

I haven't seen any public microwaves there before.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 03:40
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

I would go with cold. You can stop at a local Quicktrip convenience store and use their microwave (not any really close to the airport) but by the time you navigate the airport and security, your food would be cold. There are multiple restaurants in the airport (including fast food) where you can get hot food before boarding, but the smell of such in a plane can be offensive (on recent flight, a family brought like 3 pizzas that stunk up the plane). Although the prices are higher at the airport restaurants, most are not unreasonable. I would choose to eat a good meal outside of the airport, or a fast food meal in the airport before boarding, and take snacks on the plane.

7. Re: Public Microwaves at ATL?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:18