We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHarleston
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

Has anyone stayed at the Extended Stay Clairmont on Clairmont Ave --it appears to be near Emory? Hotwire said it was in Buckhead? Does anyone know if MARTA runs near Clairmont Ave(3115 Clairmont). Appears Hotwire is a scam!

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

Looking at Hotwire's map of "Buckhead" it includes the area where the extended stay is located.

I don't know I'd call it a scam as they can put you anywhere in their map'ed area.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

Marta does not run anywhere near Clairmont Ave/Emory.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

I would not consider this area to be Buckhead at all. It is nowhere near the malls, restaurants, and bars of Buckhead, and it's not even in Fulton County. I don't think there's a MARTA station nearby. I would protest this with Hotwire.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

Oh, I just read the other responses. NW Ga Guy has a good point. I didn't look at the map on Hotwire but since this is within the area of the map then I don't see how you would have reason to protest.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

If you need to be near Emory......The Holiday Inn Select in Decatur is on Clairmont and is quite nice. I know it has a great breakfast and looking at the menu, the other meals should be good too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

I think she wants to be in Buckhead to be near Chastain.

Sailsal, you may check with the hotel to see if offers a shuttle to the nearest MARTA station. Also, there is a free shuttle that runs throught the Buckhead area that may be of use, but it doesn't look like the shuttle goes to the hotel or to Chastain Park and Chastain is not near any MARTA station. You may just need to rent a car. They can be gotten pretty cheaply through Hotwire or Priceline. Here's the website:

http://www.bucride.com/

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

I'll be very careful if i ever use Priceline again. These are very unusual business practices.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

I don't see anything untoward about Priceline assigning a hotel that is within the geographic area shown on the map of Buckhead. To avoid such a result, one simply needs to decide whether one is willing to stay anythere within that zone. If not, then Priceline is not for you.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

That's definitely not Buckhead. They should never have included that hotel as being in Buckhead. That being said, there's a MARTA bus stop very close to your hotel which will take you right to the train station. It's not the best location but I don't think you should worry about any danger either. Getting to Chastain from there would be a different story. Call or email MARTA and they'll let you know if it's on a direct bus route. Otherwise, you'll be taking a cab or renting a car.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotwire hotel deal? Said it was in Buckhead--seems not!

If it's the Extended Stay that I'm thinking about, I wouldn't say that it's very close to Emory either. I think it's close to Sam's warehouse at Clairmont & I-85.