We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Topic
Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

Hi all, longtime listener, first time poster. I'll be flying into ATL on a Friday in late May,landing around 9pm via Delta, and leaving the next morning on an 8am intl flight via Delta as well. I've looked online at hotels, but was hoping some of you would be able to steer me in the right direction, as far as where to stay. Mainly looking for somewhere close that offers an airport shuttle, as well as having a restaurant on site. In regards to Hartsfield, do I need to arrive at the Intl terminal that Saturday morning? I had read that most shuttles don't drop off there, so I wasn't sure what the best option was in getting there.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
138 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

There are a lot of hotels near the airport and almost all of them will have a shuttle to the terminal. The bigger hotels ... Marriott, Hilton, Renaissance, etc .. will have on site restaurants.

If you're not checking bags, you can check in at the domestic terminal and just take the train out to your departing concourse. (I've done it repeatedly). However, if you need to check a bag, I'm not sure if you may actually need to go check in at the other terminal. But there;s a shuttle bus from Domestic to International on a regular and frequent basis. If you DO need to check a bag that you dont need that evening in Atlanta, see if Delta will check it thru to your destination and just keep your carry on with you overnight.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

since you are flying Delta, you will be able to check in at the domestic terminal and check your bags at the domestic terminal. Every shuttle from an airport area hotell will go to the domestic terminal.

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

Thanks for the assistance, JA. Is there any sort of an Atlanta staple(food wise) that delivers to the airport hotels?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

I doubt it. The airport is in a rather isolated area. You might want to eat at the airport. One Flew South is excellent, and would be a world class restaurant even if it weren't in an airport. Also, there are several Atlanta icons with outposts at the airport: Ecco, EL Taco, Lotta Frutta, Paschal's, Piece of Cake (you can get a slice to take back to your hotel), Shane's Rib Shack, The Varsity, Varsano's Pizza.

Lorena Garcia's tapas bar in the international terminal looks good, too, but I haven't been yet.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

We just stayed at the Springhill Suites on hotel points and had an EXCELLENT experience. We parked in their lot (not applicable to you) for $25 for 10 days. The stay was great, bed comfy, mini fridge, quiet, cozy couch. The included breakfast was very good. Took the sky train the next morning directly to the airport, checked in with Delta and checked bag at Domestic for the Int'l flight. Coming back was just as easy. Immigration and customs was a breeze. Walked outside of hte Int'l terminal and all the way to the far right where you see the sign for the domestic term shuttle. Ride took about 10 minutes. Shuttle lets you out where you have the option to hit the terminal, MARTA, hotel shuttles and Sky Train. Took the sky train back to Springhill, got the car, buzzed the hotel to let us out (the key card didn't work after the 10th day) and we were on i-85 heading home within minnutes. We will definitely do this again.

Chicago, Illinois
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

Thanks for the review,jungle. I plan on dining at One Flew South the evening I arrive, does anyone have a breakfast recommendation for the following morning? Thank you

7. Re: Airport recommendation and a Hartsfield-Jackson question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16