We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days at airport hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
4 days at airport hotel

Going with my husband on a business trip to Georgia for 4 days during the week.We are staying at The Westin Airport hotel. I only have 1 day with him and a car, the rest of the days at the hotel by myself. Any recommendations for 24 hour car rental day with husband and then the next 3 days without him with public transportation? Things to do, places to eat. Any help would be appreciated!!!! We are going the end of April

Edited: 30 March 2014, 17:44
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

Get the hotel shuttle to the terminal and take MARTA all over the place. Info at www.itsmarta.com . The Centennial Park area with the Georgia Aquarium and CNN, Decatur for strolling and shopping, Lenox and Phipps Plaza for upscale shopping. The High Museum (of art).

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

Too hard to say without knowing you and your likes --- look at the tabs "things to do" & "restaurants", and come back with specific questions about what you like.

You have museums, theatre (plays), sporting events, concerts. Google atlanta events calendar to see what is going on during your week of travel.

Within a few hours drive you have the mountains, the beach, and you have outlet shopping to your south in Locust Grove. There have been a lot of movies and tv shows filmed here, so you can visit those areas if you have a favorite. You have Six Flags and Stone Mtn (I recommend the nightly Laser Show -- if you travel when it is occurring).

Restaurants: You have 100s, just depends on what you want to eat. For a taste of the south, most recommend Mary Macs or the Collenade. Near the intersection of Buford Hwy and I-285, you have just about every conceivable international food option.

Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

miketeresa, wouldn't mind driving an hour the first day, maybe to the beach or historic area. Thank you and Stevedec for your response. Thank you for all the advice. I have been working so much more than normal and haven't got the time to do much research with family commitments etc. Definately not interested in amusement parks . We are 50+ years old. We really love hiking, biking and visiting historic sites. Thank you, thank you!

Edited: 30 March 2014, 21:11
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

For history, the Atlanta History Center is an almost all day experience or drive an hour east to Madison, GA.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,329 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

As others have said, if you take the hotel shuttle back to the airport you can get on the MARTA train that will get to most places in downtown, midtown and Buckhead. If you want to do a drive, the trip to Madison is a great idea (mentioned above).

Another idea for a little bit of country near the airport is a visit to Serenbe and maybe eating lunch there

http://www.serenbecommunity.com/

http://www.serenbeinn.com/

www.serenbe.com/serenberestaurants.html

Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

Serenbe looks awesome. Thanks for the advice!!!!

7. Re: 4 days at airport hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16