We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank You

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thank You

Just got back from my eighteen days vacation in the United States, eight of which I spent in Atlanta. I would like to thank everyone on here who took times to answer my countless question. The trip went very smoothly and it's all thanks to all the help I receive on here. Coming from one of the safest cities in the world, I had my concerns but honestly, I didn't feel unsafe in Atlanta. The first ride on the marta was a bit nervy but I got use to it. Just needed to stop thinking so much and realize that everyone else was just trying to get from point A to B. I stayed at the Melia Hotel, probably would not recommend it as it is in need of a makeover and didn't offer much amenities, but it is situated in a very convenient location, walking distance to both North Avenue Station and Civic Center Station and the Varsity. I bought the Atlanta city pass, and use public transportation and got to every location without a problem. The aquarium was awesome to say the least, the dolphin show was incredible. The tour guides at CNN and Coca-Cola made it exciting and interesting. Wasn't a big fan of the Fernbank Museum but the Zoo was pretty cool. had a great two days shopping at Perimeter Mall and the shops around it. All in all, i had a very good time thank you all so much once again.

Sincerely,

Jill

Edited: 24 May 2014, 07:31
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank You

forgot to add that I took a Megabus from Civic Center to Orlando. It was a smooth 8 hour ride although it got pretty boring and the wifi didn't work all the time. But I recommend this mode of transportation if you are on a budget totally worth it :)

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank You

Thanks for your comments and your time in composing them. Come back again sometime !

BTW, did you know that the US Ambassador to Singapore is from Atlanta?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank You

Oh that's interesting...didnt know that

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank You

Stop by the embassy sometime and tell Ambassador Adelman how much you liked Atlanta. Tell him someone who voted for him in the Georgia Legislature told you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank You

haha ok i'll let him know ;)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank You

Very nice TR glad you got too see CNN and Coca Cola and the Atlanta Zoo in your travels.

7. Re: Thank You

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:15