We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Baby Shower

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Fall Baby Shower

Good Morning Everyone,

I am planning a baby shower for a friend in the fall (Mid-October) and I am looking for an inexpensive place to host this party that will allow you to bring in your own catering, that also provides the tables and chairs as well as has a fully equipped kitchen that may be used for prep and storage, and finally has a very lady-like girlie-girl atmosphere. I really wanted to host this shower at a historical house or somewhere that has a beautiful garden, but I don't know if that would work in October or if it would be affordable. I don't want to do it at a restaurant because that means that I have to provide at least appetizers and I wanted some of the guest to contribute by bringing food. Also, my budget for a place is very, very small I only have between $100-200 for the venue space. Please help me find a beautiful yet cost effective place over the next several days. Oh, before I forget! This is a very important piece of information. This place has to be somewhere between Decatur and Roswell, Georgia, so that it's not too far for the guest of honor to travel. It is also a surprise shower, and it will be hosted on a Sunday afternoon, which should reduce the cost tremendously, I hope. Thanks again for your help!

Sincerely,

LuLu in Alpharetta

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,337 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Baby Shower

I can't think of a single place that will meet all of your needs, especially at that price point. The only things that come to mind are churches, apartment or community clubhouses or picnic places. You could rent a picnic pavilion at Stone Mountain park or at a state park and everyone could bring food. You could decorate the pavilion for the shower.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,337 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Baby Shower

Here's the link to the pavilions at Stone Mountain park-

stonemountainpark.com/groups-education/renta…

But reservations are made via catering so I'm not sure how that impacts the food.

Alpharetta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Baby Shower

Thank you so much! I actually thought about Stone Mountain Park after I posted the inquiry. You've just confirmed my thoughts. Thanks again!

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Baby Shower

Google "community centers" for each city and county in between. We did an anniversary party in Paulding with the exact amenities you require and at your price point, but obviously that is more rural than Atlanta. Looking at Roswell, I found these:

visitroswellga.com/weddings/…

I imagine that some Gwinnett facilities might be cheaper. I know that there are some places around Lake Lanier that might meet your price point, but again, not in the area you wish. Your best bet may be to secure a room at a restaurant like golden corral, and let them do the cooking.

Also google wedding venues, to find some alternatives.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 20:22
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Baby Shower

Found these -- a lot to look through:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Cheap+Event+Space&find_loc=Atlanta%2C+GA&start=50

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Baby+Shower+Venue&find_loc=Atlanta%2C+GA#attrs=RestaurantsPriceRange2.1

obviously, you can change the city and then search by pricepoint to decrease the field -- I chose Atlanta for both.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall Baby Shower

Gwinnett County has some small park pavilions that rent for $45 an hour for non-county residents. The larger pavilions cost $90 an hour. If the person paying for the rental lives in Gwinnett, the cost is lower. You can bring your own food. Several of the parks have indoor facilities with kitchens but the cost is going to be more than you want to pay, since you need a minimum of 3 hours for a baby shower. (Half hour setup, 2 hours for the shower, half hour cleanup.) For more information on the pavilion rentals, go to www.gwinnettparks.com. Disclaimer: I work for the park system.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 04:37
7. Re: Fall Baby Shower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 07:16