We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

Springfield...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

Help! I have been researching for hours and cannot seem to find the best place to stay for a 1 day/night stop over in Atlanta. Here is our plan: We will be arriving around noon/1:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 26. We want to explore Centennial Park and the surrounding area (maybe World of Coca-Cola) during the afternoon and then go to the Braves game that evening. Here is my question: Is it best to try to stay at one of the two hotels next to Turner Field and then try to drive/navigate/park in downtown Atlanta for the daytime activities? Or would it be best to stay at a downtown hotel, walk to all of the attractions, and then either drive, take a cab, or public transportation to the game that evening? Safety, convenience, and family friendly are big priorities. Any help would be greatly appreciated (and hotel recommendations). We have never been to Atlanta, and the more I try to research online, the more confused I get. Thanks!!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,655 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

"Is it best to try to stay at one of the two hotels next to Turner Field"

No.

"Or would it be best to stay at a downtown hotel, walk to all of the attractions, and then either drive, take a cab, or public transportation to the game that evening"

Yes.

Or in Midtown. I like Midtown better because of the restaurants and the proximity to Piedmont Park. There's a great farmer's market on Saturday mornings with veggies, etc. but also foods to eat.

You can use MARTA to navigate downtown and midtown and use the shuttle to the game.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,431 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,849 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

What they said.

For a more detailed discussion look at the Top Questions featured on the desktop version of this forum.

4. Re: Where to stay for downtown fun and Braves game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:15