We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

Hi,

Considering a trip in November to visit family in Atlanta, and wondering if there are any cheap airlines flying into ATL from LAX, and how reliable they are? We're flying in from Australia.

Anything else we need to know that might impede our trip in November around Thanksgiving time?

Thank you!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,817 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

Frontier maybe.

Use Kayak.com to see what's available for your dates.

Delta is coming up at $397. I doubt you'll find anything less.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,102 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

"Delta is coming up at $397"

That's a good price actually, and Delta is a good airline - I have flown that route many times on Delta. It used to be pretty easy to find round-trip fares to LAX that were closer to $300, but the last few times I have flown out there it was more like $400+. Obviously the pricing also depends on when you fly.

Personally I would not fly Frontier - they are a LCC and that does not really suit my travel style. You might look at Southwest - I don't fly them a lot, but have friends who do. They do not release their fares to search engines, so you will have to go directly to Southwest.com to see prices.

-JimG

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,817 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

I flew Frontier to CO when they were a share partner with Delta = DL flight # but Frontier plane. At that time they were fine. I've not flown much since the SW/AirTran merger, but have been disappointed with the pricing since the merger.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

I agree that that's a good price for delta. I'd book that. I like kayak and ITA Matrix to check airfares, but I generally only do that to satisfy myself that there's not a huge price difference with delta. It's probably been 15 years since I've flown domestically with anyone else.

I would try to avoid the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and the weekend after. Very busy travel days with prices that reflect demand.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 13:18
Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

Spirit and Southwest may be options. I'd personally pay more to fly Delta though.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,102 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

I would not fly Spirit - they have very few flights and no interline agreements with other airlines. If you get stuck for some reason you are REALLY stuck - would not risk it on a cross-country trip when you have already flown all the way from Oz.

I agree with blondeinabmw about paying more to fly Delta - they pretty much own the Atlanta airport, so many options for flights (plus they have always done right by me).

-JimG

7. Re: Cheap airlines flying into Atlanta from LAX?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:17