We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Marquis Downtown

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Marquis Downtown

Does anyone know this hotel? Just wondering if it lives up to its pictures. Is it convenient to the Georgia Dome?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Marquis Downtown

The Marriott Marquis is a long walk (15minutes?) or a quick MARTA ride from the Georgia Dome. I suggest you check out the Hotels tab above as I'm sure it will have lots of reviews.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Marquis Downtown

The Marriot is okay. It gets used for conventions quite a bit. Nothing out of the ordinary.

To get to the Dome, walk over to Peachtree Center (its connected to the hotel by overhead walkways) and take MARTA since, as JAtlanta points out, it's a bit of a haul.

Atlanta
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Marquis Downtown

I have been to several functions at the Hotel. I don't think you could go wrong here, especially if you use Marriott points. Don't bother taking Marta. It does not go right to the DOME so you would have to walk anyway. For events at the Dome MARTA gets packed. It really is only about a 15 minute walk. If the weather is good, it's a nice walk. The concierge at the Hotel could give you the best walking route, Probably through CNN center.

4. Re: Marriott Marquis Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 13:16