We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HiFi Buys Amphitheatre/Lakewood Ave area

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Florida, USA
2 posts
Save Topic
HiFi Buys Amphitheatre/Lakewood Ave area

I am driving to a weeknight, evening concert here from Buckhead, and dropping off the concert attendees. I'd appreciate advice on traffic conditions, and whether there is a nearby area for shopping,eating or movies where I and another woman can safely pass the time until we pick up everyone from the concert.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HiFi Buys Amphitheatre/Lakewood Ave area

What time are you dropping them off? Rush hour typically lasts from around 4 p.m. to around 7 p.m. It eases up a lot after that.

Frankly, that area has nothing to offer in the way of shopping or dining. It's a rather crime-prone area. I would head to Atlantic Center in Midtown as they have a lot of dining/shopping options and some good restaurants. That's probably your closest bet.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,377 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HiFi Buys Amphitheatre/Lakewood Ave area

I agree with Peachy's suggestion. While the ampitheater itself is safe, in an isolated area with plenty of security, there's just nothing in the surrounding area. If you don't have much time to kill, there are a couple of cute casual restaurants in nearby College park - Manchester Arms (English pub) and the Brake Pad (bar and grill in converted gas station).

3. Re: HiFi Buys Amphitheatre/Lakewood Ave area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 14:24