We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salobrena

Which Almunecar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Salobrena

What does anyone know about Salobrena?

We have friends who have been a few times and love it, but they are retired so aren't obliged to cram maximum pleasure (exploring, eating, drinking) into 14 days as we are.

We know it's not huge, but is there a good choice of bars and decent restaurants (preferably without photos of egg & bacon in their menus).

We know the beach isn't luxuriously sandy, but is it OK to walk on for a kilometre or two? Are there some beach bars to collapse into when said walking gets too much?

Salobrena seems to have a very small footprint on tripadvisor and elsewhere, so either it's ultra-qiet or it's a well kept secret.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salobrena

Have sent you a PM.

Derby,UK
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Salobrena

hi Fletch,

I think Almunecar has a lot more to offer than Salobrena. Saying that it's not that far down the road, so you could use it as a base perhaps.

Cheers...

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salobrena

Agree that Almuñecar has much more going for it than Salobreña!

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salobrena

Sorry this is a bit late - just seen your message on the forum. I think Salobrena is just loads prettier than Almunecar, less touristy and much more Spanish. The Spaniards tend to come down from Granada for the weekends. The beach area is great for a few good bars and for locally caught fish. If you want to mix in with the locals, this is much more your sort of place. I love the place - its also pretty accessible to the Lecrin Valley (beautiful) and Granada itself - where they still give free tapas with drinks. Almunecar does have its plus points (better say this as this is an Almunecar forum!) is more lively and easily accessible from Salobrena, if you want a change.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salobrena

Thanks all for your range of views. We will take it all onboard.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salobrena

Thanks all for your range of views. We will take it all onboard.

salobrena
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Salobrena

Its true, Salobreña is a well keep secrete! I have been here for two weeks and I have truly enjoyed my stay. I am staying in the much desired Monte de los Almendros. If you simply visit the website http://www.cumbrevillas.com/, you can browse through the stunning views and elegant villas that Salobreña has to offer. Also, if you have FaceBook you can join the group: Cumbrevillas.com. The group Cumbrevillas.com has excellent photos of the most current events. This is a great way to be exposed to the typical life of those who live along the Costa Tropical. I encourage to be come a FAN today!

8. Re: Salobrena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 07:17