We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALSA tickets from the internet

Which Almunecar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ALSA tickets from the internet

Hi everyone! I want to book some bus tickets from Malaga to Almunecar and it seems quite straightforward but, before I click the 'buy' button, I wondered how I will get the tickets ie are they printable or will I need to collect them when I get to Malaga? Anyone able to help?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

Many people do not bother to book tickets in advance and this applies especially on routes that are well served by buses. If you want to book a ticket then do check the FAQs about this and use Pay Pal unless you have a Spanish bank account. Or you can take a look at MOVELIA which is a good booking web site and you will find it can accept foreign bank cards and you just need to print off your ticket and ID when boarding the bus.

www.movelia.es/en/movelia/porquemovelia/

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

If you are in any doubt about online booking, it will be just as easy to buy the tickets on the day at Malaga bus station. Go to the Alsa kiosk about 30 minutes before departure time.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

Thank you both, the reason I wanted to book in advance was that we are arriving on New Years Eve and assumed the bus would be crowded. There only seems to be two buses.

We travel back to Malaga on the 7th and again, according to the ALSA website, there only seem to be two buses, both around 11 am.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

Hi again, having had some difficulties with the ALSA website I used Movelia [thank you cadiz-lover]. I had to take a bit of a guess at some of the stuff but I have succeeded in booking tickets and feel much happier that I won't end up with a bill for 100s of euro for a taxi fair!

Thank you soo much for all of your help. Sheila

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

Oh am pleased . When I consider booking a bus seat I tend to not look at the schedule too early because frequently the fares and booking process is not available for all the services. It could be that only two services have been shown to date and come December there will be more showing. However it is good that you have made a reservation.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

The timetable shows 10 journeys from Malaga to Almunecar on weekdays, eight on Saturdays and Sundays.

Something must indeed be wrong with the December data.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

Oh, well. The times we have booked suit us anyway but it does seem odd that not all buses are shown . .

We are really looking fwd to our visit to Almunecar [our second] and we are hoping to look at some long term lets for next winter. Any suggestions where we should start?

8. Re: ALSA tickets from the internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Almunecar