We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salobrena in October

Deal
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Salobrena in October

Hello fellow travellers together with friends and family we are visiting

Salobrena in October. Can anyone give me some idea what the weather will be like?

We are renting a villa and hopefully will be able to take advantage of the pool and enjoy some evening BBQ's.

Plus can I have tips on where to eat, good food and drink that is not too expensive?

Help please.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salobrena in October

Pool is likely to bit rather cool for bathing in by October - the sea should be a little warmer.

October weather can be hit and miss (statistically one of the wettest months of the year) but with some lovely days too with temperatures in the low 20s during the day - cooler at night.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 17:05
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salobrena in October

I should have added that the rains tend to come around the start of Nerja Feria (9 October) so, before that, the weather is generally better.

Good news is that rainfall tends to be in short - VERY heavy - showers rather than prolonged rain and everything dries up quickly once it stops.

Deal
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salobrena in October

thank you, it is good to hear we are unlikely to have continuous rain :-)

Heavy showers i think we can put up with. We are travelling out on the 7th October and i should add our pool is heated so that will help.

I will pass your comments on to the rest of the party so they arrive prepared with sweaters and rain jackets!

Thank you once again for your response.

wilts
Level Contributor
101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salobrena in October

We are spending the first week in October this year in Salobrena. Normally we go in September and even by the end of the month it is still beach weather, but without the crowds. I have spent the odd afternoon on the beach and even in the sea as late as early November but the weather can always be a bit hit or miss. Early October could sitll be really warm, but you chould get some rainy days.

You shouldn't have any problems with outdoor eating even in the evenings but maybe wear something with sleeves. It is never very cold so heavy sweaters may be too much, however light fleeces or jackets are probably enough.

Enjoy!

wilts
Level Contributor
101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salobrena in October

Already replied but forgot the bit about where to eat!

Chiringuitos on the beach usually have a "menu del Dia" which offer good value for lunch. Try "Casa Emilio", "El Molino" or "Tres Hermanos". For more choice try La Bahia (also right on the beach ) especially if your group is happy to share big plates of fried or grilled fish. Also, up in the old town "La Traviesa" has reopened (at least it was open in July) and has a range of dishes with a bit more choice than some of the more basic fish restaurants. Right up by the old church is "Bar Pesetas" with the beest restaurant view in town but quite expensive for what you get. However, I think you get good food everywhere and sharing plates of different things is always a good idea both for value and choice. Nearer to the town and one of the best value places for both free tapas and full meals is "Meson de la Villa". Also right in the town centre is "La Porteria" which offers good choices for lunch and dinner.

Or for something non- Spanish but very good fun in a group try the Argentinian Steakhouse where you "cook your own" on hot stones at the table.

Almost everywhere will bring you a free plate of something with any glass of beer or wine and you can often get an idea of hte quality of the meals by what you are given as a tapa. Just wander round and see what takes you fancy - you won't go hungry!

Deal
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salobrena in October

Thank you so much, your comments very much appreciated.

wilts
Level Contributor
101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Salobrena in October

If it's your first visit I hope you enjoy the place as much as we have for the last 8 years, visiting at all times of the year. As you can tell, we have tried most restaurants - we like eating!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Salobrena in October

I would just like to echo Alikat32's comments about Salobrena. We arrived back from there this morning after spending a week in my cousins villa right on top of the hillside overlooking the town.

It is our second stay there. The first was two years ago in October. The weather then was warm but not great for sunbathing. It rained a couple of days. The weather this time, however was beautiful. Plenty of sunshine and opportunity to get a tan.

Some of the restaurants have already shut down in October, but there are still a number to choose from. We ate at Carne a la Pieda, the Tropical steak house and La Bahia last week and had lovely meals. The sardines at La Bahia, skewered on bamboo sticks were fantastic.

Enjoy your trip in October. Salobrena is lovely.

Deal
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salobrena in October

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to comment. I think we must be staying in the same development overlooking the town!

I keeping checking the weather forecast and i am hoping the weather holds for a few weeks! We travel out on the 7th Oct just for 1 week.

Whatever the weather I am sure we will enjoy Salobrena :-)

wilts
Level Contributor
101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Salobrena in October

Arriving on Friday night - looking forward to Sunday lunch in Bahia!

Get answers to your questions about Salobrena