We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

Which Concord hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Escondido...
Level Contributor
142 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

I will be in Lexington and Concord with my husband on May 2, 2010. We plan to spend the whole day there exploring the historic sites and we will have a rental car while there.

I was considering the Liberty tour, but it appears that they don't start running until the end of May, does anyone know if this is correct or when they start running that tour? Is anyone familiar with any other tours that might encompass the area and as many sites as possible. We're pretty good at squeezing in a lot of things in one day, but I thought with a guide or tour, it would give us a much better insight into everything and of course, they would know the best route/plan for the day. Are there any tours or guides that take place in early May?

In my research it seems like many things will be closed until Memorial Day, such as The Wayside and the Hartwell Tavern. Is there anywhere that I can find out what sights do not open until Memorial Day to hopefully plan my visit better? Also, are there any sights that should not be missed or sights that are completely overrated, and why?

Thanks for any help!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

Hi, the Concord Chamber of Commerce website has a list of tours that are offered from April 1 to Nov. 2

concordchamberofcommerce.org/…tours

The Lexington Chamber has similar info, also from April to Nov.

http://www.lexingtonchamber.org/visitor.html

Escondido...
Level Contributor
142 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

That is an awesome link. THANK YOU! I'll definitely get in contact with them to see if I can get the right tour for us.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,336 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

Here is the schedule for the Minuteman Nation Park:

www.nps.gov/mima/planyourvisit/hours.htm

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

It may sound strange, but we really liked Sleepy Hollow cemetery in Concord. A number of New England literary greats are buried there including Louisa May Alcott of Littlle Women fame. You can learn a lot about a place and its history with a visit to a graveyard.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
142 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

I was thinking about the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. I think we will try to stop by there. THanks.

Unfortunately, Alanm, they haven't updated the nps website with 2010 data. I'm a National Park junkie so spend a lot of time perusing the nps websites and I even attempted to call MMNP for updates, but its winter, so no luck with 2010 dates, yet.

6. Re: May 2, 2010 visit to Concord & Lexington-I could use help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Concord