We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

Which Begur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

Hi I am going to spend 5 days at the end of April in eithre of the above on a golf holiday.

I'll be there with my father and we are looking for somewhere with good restaurants etc.....

Which would you recommend ?

Also can anyone recommend accommodation, a good quality apartment or a good value 3 or 4 star hotel would be ideal.

many thanks

David

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

I'd suggest Hotel La Costa in Pals, right by one of the Pals golf courses. Its new website (for hotel and Apartments Golf on beach, opposite hotel) is: www.resortlacosta.com. We stay at the apartments every year (in July) and have eaten in the hotel, invited by acquaintances who were staying there. They strike me as likely to be pretty demanding guests and they were very satisfied.

The apartments are well-equipped and comfortable. Supermarket nearby (at campsite) and loads of good restaurants in Pals area (our favourite: Solblanc)

Other hotels nearby incl Sa Riera (in Begur). Begur old town is on a hilltop and much of rest of area is villas interspersed amonngst trees on hillsides too. Beaches are small coves until Pals beach which is a long sandy one. Not that many people go to the beach on the Costa Brava in May!

L'Estartit is more of a resort (incl. package tourists) and strikes me as better for your visit with group of friends because it is livelier. Staying there does involve a bit more of a drive to golf courses too.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

Sorry, the 4-star hotel in Pals/Begur is Sa Punta. Sa Riera is a two-star according to my guidebook.

Note that Apartments Golf Beach are not near the beach should you see them and be be tempted by the price. Nearish the golf, nearest to a supermarket and row of shops and a roundabout!

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

centremar appartments are nice in estartit. they're on top of a supermarket but don't let that put you off, they're very modern and spotlessly clean.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

Pals is quite central for several golf courses within 10 minute drive. Hotel Sa Punta (Good 4 Star not 2 star)offers golfing packaging. Restaurant is superb but you pay for the quality.

Begur offers lots of options, there are several small hotels in the town (Rosa, Aiguaclara, Bliss Begur) alternatively huge choice of self catering options in the area between Pals & Begur. Look on Owners Direct or Holiday Rentals web sites.

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

I play a lot of golf in the area and Estartit is not a very good base for the better course such as Emporda, Pals, Santa Christina.. Begur would be much bettr and is a much classer place than Estartit, which would be particularly quiet in April. And there is nowhere worse than a busy resort out of season.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

Assuming you'll have a car, I'd stay in Begur as there is more open in April than around Pals golf course. There are some lovely small hotels, but why not check out villa rentals on 'holiday-rentals.com?

check out www.lapinedabegur.com

Good luck!

7. Re: Where to stay Begur or Estartit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Begur