We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Begur beaches

UK
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Begur beaches

We are planning to stay in a hotel in Begur town but I am finding it difficult to find out how close the beaches are to the town. Can anyone tell me if there is a nice beach in walking distance from the town?

Thanks.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Begur beaches

The nearest beach is probably Sa Riera, probably 30 to 40 minute walk but very steep on the way back. I believe a bus runs to local beaches in the main season.

You really need a car to get the best out of this area.

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
100 posts
2. Re: Begur beaches

Yes..I'm afraid a car is essential, but it will open up more than a dozen splendid beaches within 5-15 minutes of Begur

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Begur beaches

I live in Begur and agree with the other replies, having a car would open up all sorts of possibilities to explore other delightful beaches.

You should be able to walk to Sa Riera beach from Begur town in 20 mins, longer on the return up a steep hill.

The bus runs during the main season.

Good luck!

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Begur beaches

Am also bound for begur in June. can anone help with a small hotel in the town, or a nice hostale. Would I need to book in advance or can I just turn up at the tourist info office. Expect to get to town around 5pm on a weekday mid june. Was thinking 3 days Begur and 3 days Roses

Pep

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Begur beaches

Try the Hotel Rosa and the Aguiaclara, both get great reviews on Trip Advisor. They're both in the town so close to all the restaurants and bars. My advice would be to book in advance as Begur is very popular and gets booked up quickly.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,877 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Begur beaches

Yes especially if mid-June actually means weekend of 21st/22nd as that is start of St John's Day holiday and lots of people will already have booked their long weekend away.

Weekend before will be a lot less of a problem.

If you have a car, Pals beach is nice too; different from the other beaches/coves as it is very long, with some dunes. Has nice views out to Medes Islands (near L'Estartit).

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Begur beaches

Thanks linda and denise

Now have flights booked and will be arriving Thurs june 12th. will check out your reccommendations. Normally like to stay in hostales due to ambience and cost. And also to be able to move on at short notice. It's not always eay to book these on line so have often just turned up. Is this possible to do in Begur, using the Tourist Board?

Pep

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Begur beaches

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. Good luck!

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: Begur beaches

Thanks again Denise

do you know Hotel galena mas comangau

Pep

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Begur beaches

Yes, it's about 5 mins drive from my villa. It's in a good location, within walking distance of the town. I've never been inside but it has a good reputation and many of my guests have eaten in the restaurant and have raved about the food/service/everything!

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Denise