We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Begur with Kids

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Begur with Kids

Hi

We're arriving in Begur around 6pm on Saturday 14th June with a one year old and a four year old in tow.

Could anyone tell me if there will be a supermarket open at that time where we can buy milk, nappies etc.

If there isn't one in Begur is there anything out of town on route from Gerona airport.

Could anyone recommend a family friendly restaurant for early evening meals?

Many Thanks

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Begur with Kids

Hi,

There are a couple of supermarkets in Begur, both should be open at that time. As you're coming in from Girona airport, you'll probably enter Begur at the main roundabout where it says Bienvinguts a Begur. Go right up the hill and at the next tiny roundabout you'll see Valvi supermarket on your left (parking round the back, underground). They are open 9am to 9pm. At the main roundabout you could also go left to Suma supermarket, they should be open at that time too.

Re restaurants, you'd be hard pushed to find a restaurant in Spain that ISN'T family friendly! If it's a warm evening try any of the restaurants in the main placa (square)and sit outside. If it's cool and you want to be indoors, try Can Pau, under the arches, close to Valvi supermarket, friendly service and good food.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Begur with Kids

Thanks Denise. That's really helpful

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Begur with Kids

No problem! I had another thought for a great restaurant for you; 'Pizzeta' . It's right in the town, look for a blue door opposite the tiny car park, next to Casa Gran (a small precinct). Pizzeta has a lovely garden, super pasta, pizzas and other great food. It's very child friendly! I recommend you get there early if you have no reservation as it's very popular. I'm happy to make a reservation for you if you give me the details.

Level Contributor
146 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Begur with Kids

Good tips also for us her, Denise. Thanks. It is really great to have such local knowledge in this forum!!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Begur with Kids

Supermarkets in towns on the coast are allowed to open on Sundays because of the local needs (ie in tourist area) whereas in Barcelona this is not allowed (here only small food shops). We stay at Pals beach every summer and often do first big shop on Sunday morning.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Begur with Kids

Denise

Many Thanks for your advice on this and on the other posts.

Given your expert local knowledge, what would you suggest are the 'must do's' when visiting Begur (we have cars)?

Kind Regards

Bill

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Begur with Kids

Well, it all depends on what you're interested in and how long you're here for....... but, here are a few ideas: Beaches: Sa Riera (the nearest to Begur), Sa Tuna, a pebbled beach but a delightfully pretty cove, 15 mins drive away, Pals beach... long sandy beach with plenty of room. Aguiablava beach is probably the safest for your toddler as it shelves very gradually.

If you want to do the Dali trail, the Museum in Figueres is fanastic, worth the 1 hours drive, and Gala's Castel at Pubol. I took my class of 3yri olds here and they loved the long legged elephants! If you're in to quaint, Medieval villages, Besalu is worth a visit (combine it with the Figueres trip as it's only 20mins from there). Girona

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Begur with Kids

Sorry the PC went berserk!.... Girona is a beautiful, historical city with nice shops good restaurants and cafes. In Platja d'Aro (30 mins) there's a big aquapark which I'm told is great fun. Let me know if there are specific things you're interested in and I'll give you more ideas.

Denise

PS Where are you staying in Begur?

9. Re: Begur with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about Begur
Recent Conversations