We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Begur itinerary

Which Begur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
israel
1 post
Save Topic
Begur itinerary

I will be spending 3 days in Begur next week and I want to finalize my plans for those 3 days.

Please comment on my provisional itinerary.

day 1: Begur - Llafranc - Sant Feliu de Guixols - Tossa de Mar - LLoret de Mar - home to Begur via C-63, C-35 and C-31

day 2: Begur - l'Estartit - l'Escala - Empuriabrava - Cadaques - monastery at the top - home via C-31

day 3: Begur - La Bisbal d'Emporda - Girona - Llagostera - home via the C-65, and C-31

I would like to each trip to last about 6 hours so as not to get too tired.

Is this realistic? I will have a car.

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Begur itinerary

Regarding your day 2 plan, I think it would occupy your entire 6 hours just to make the drive through the mentioned areas, without time to stop and see anything in the villages.

Because Cadaques and St Pere de Rodes are in the mountains it takes a lot of time to drive there even though on the map it appears a short distance. From Empuriabrava to Cadaques is about a 30 minute drive, and from Cadaques to St Pere de Rodes is also about 30 minuites. St. Pere to Begur using the C-31 is about 2 hours.

The road from L'Estartit to Empuriabrava does not follow the coastline close enough to have views of the water as you drive. To me those three villages are very similar, at least in that they are all small villages that cater primarily to tourist trade, they are at sea level, and modern (unlike Pals or Peratallada which have lovely old architecture). They are all good places to base your holiday, but I don't know of any particularly interesting characteristics that make them must-see villages,

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Begur itinerary

Hi,

I absolutely agree with Medscape.

Day 3: Why do you want to go to Llagostera? In my opinion there are many far more beautiful/interesting places. If you're based in Begur you should have a day visiting the local area and the beautiful villages of Pals, Peratallada, Palau Sator to name but three!

Denise

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Begur itinerary

I agree with Denise, nothing interesting in Llagostera.Much more interesting Pals and Peratallada and if you go to La Bisbal d´Emporda, there is a little village close by, Monells, which will be interesting the detour. About 10-15 kms. from la Bisbal.

Jose

Knaresborough and...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Begur itinerary

i agree with the previous posts. You may be trying to squeeze too many locations in too few days - why not do a few less places and savour them?

places to see Begur, Pals, Peratellada, Cadaques, Fugueres (Dali Museum)

5. Re: Begur itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Begur