We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

we start with daughter's wedding in geneva and provence and on to barcelona after wedding for 5 nights.wanted a beach escape for last 2 nights before back to usa at 9am from bcn in july.which costa brava town should we select to both relax and explore and that will be a reasonable drive back to bcn airport by 7am?

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

If you want to stay close to Barcelona, look at Sitges. Further afield (150km) look at Begur, Llafranc, Tamariu and Calella de Palafrugell.

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

Denise, can you advise on which area of C de P is the best for us to rent an apartment in? We will be there Sept. 18-25. Will have a car but would like to be able to walk into town and back for coffee, dinner, etc. and to the beach.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

Hello,

I think I've replied to another post of yours earlier today and mentioned two sets of apartments. You'll have no problem walking into the village or to the beaches from either.

The only area I'd say to avoid as a base is El Golfet as you'd probably find that you'd need to use the car. I know we do!

Edited: 05 April 2011, 21:28
Bristol
Level Contributor
415 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

Hi

Wasnt sure whether you were looking for a hotel or to rent. Agree with Sammysgranny that El Golfet is best avoided if you dont want to use a car all the time, but Cde P is not big and the front is strung out with 2 or 3 beaches.

The only thought I had was about your final trip to the airport as Cde P will be 2+ hr drive to BCN.If this is ok C de P will be perfect.

Finques Frigola has a web cam.

Tim

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,413 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

Don't plan to drive from Costa Brava to Barcelona airport to get there at 7am, stay in Barcelona or on the coast near airport eg Castelldefels,. Barcelona airport is south of Barcelona, so you have to get through or round Barcelona from Costa Brava.

I think it is too too risky to do it on the morning of your flight,, especially for a transatlantic flight (re-booking will be SO expensive if you miss the flight) What happens if there's an accident or other hold-up on the motorway? I know 7am is before rush-hour traffic but you still have to allow 2 hours normal driving-time.

6. Re: need help deciding on which costa brava town please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Begur