We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
internet

We are very much looking forward to our visit in September. We would like to use a laptop in our villa with access to the web via mobile broad band. Please could you give us any advice on whether it is best to purchase a local pay-as-you go dongle, and if so which is the best to get and where should we get it from?

Are there any hairdressers in Begur?

Thanks for all your help so far on TA . We are so looking forward to coming.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet

If you are staying in Begur and are happy to use your lap-top in the Plaça, eg on a bench or local bar, you can buy from the town hall the access code for Begur´s own internet. i think you can buy buy the hour or week, it´s very inexpensive anyway.

Yes, there are a couple of hairdressers in the town.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
81 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internet

Hi there,I don't know if you can buy a dongle locally, but the Tourist Information office will be able to advise. As Denise mentioned, you can buy a pass from the office, but I think you can only get a signal in and around the square.

The best place to use a laptop is in the Tothora bar, which is just off the square.They have free wifi access, as does the Aiguaclara.

There is also Wifi in the Es Castell bar on the square but you have to buy a pass (1euro for 20 minutes). 0ne of the bars in Placa Forgas (the top square near the Valvi supermarket) also has wireless.

Its also possible to pick up a signal in the surrounding area ( within a radius of about 1 km from the town) . I think this is beamed from the Town Hall. I don't know if you can subscribe to this for a short period though. The Tourist Info should be able to advise.We have a house half way between the town and Sa Riera but are just outside the range, so have to get our signal via satellite.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internet

Thanks Chris, we have found out that we can buy a Vodafone pay as you go dongle in Palafrugell. I understand there is reasonable 3G broad band coverage in the area we are staying in.

Only 6 days to go can't wait!

4. Re: internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Begur