We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona-Begur bus

Which Begur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona-Begur bus

Hi, everyone

Me and my wife are travelling to Sa Riera this July. I would appreciate some advice on how to get there. We are flying in to Barcelona. I found that http://www.sarfa.com offers bus service from Barcelona to Begur, which would be great for us (we can get from Begur to Sa Riera no problem). However, Sarfa does not offer online ticket sales and the routes posted on their site are a bit confusing.

So maybe if someone had personal experience with it they could share it?

Is it ok to buy the tickets on the spot or are there space issues on the bus? Are there buses departing from Barcelona airport that go to Begur? (It's weird, when I look for Barcelona-Begur buses on Sarfa website they show me that the route I'd like to take originates from Barcelona Airport, but when I pick the airport as the origin point - Begur is not one of the destinations).

In any event - any advice you can provide on the topics would be greatly appreciated.

Artem.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona-Begur bus

I have not done this personally, but I think you would probably purchase your ticket at the bus station in BCN. I don´t think you can get a bus from the airport, you need to get to the bus station.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
65 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona-Begur bus

You need to get from BCN airport to Estacio del Nord (the main bus station) which is very close to the Arc de Triomf. A taxi will be about €30.

Public transport options are-

train to Barcelona Sants station and then change at Sants for Arc de Triomf

or bus to Plaza Catalunya (from right outside airport terminal) followed by metro (red line) to Arc de Triomf (2 stops).

From Estacio del Nord there are 3 buses to Begur daily (8.15,10.15 and 19.00). It takes about 2 1/2 hours.

There is a more regular service to Palafrugell (6 or 7 daily). It would then cost approx €25 to take a taxi to Begur/Sa Riera

3. Re: Barcelona-Begur bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Begur