We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Hi, we are flying to Barcelona on 02/09 and hiring a car as we are staying in Sa Rierra ( we know the area quite well ) Our daughter & boyfriend are flying out about 6 hours after, i have read and re read choices of trains and buses to Sa Rierra are, but am now fogged !! What does anyone suggest is the best route for them to get to us and what price ? we can collect them from Flaca, or Palafrugel or even Gerona??

Thankyou

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,381 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

www.sarfa.com bus operates from El Prat airport and Barcelona city to Begur

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

If the bus times don´t fit in with your timing, take the train to Flaça from BCN. They will need the train to Port Bou/Figueres, Flaça is after Girona. It will take you 35-40mins to drive to Flaça from Sa Riera. The last time I did this trip it was @ €19 but the prices are on the website:

www.renfe.es

Denise

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Hi again

I am probably been stupid but i just want to check i have got this right as found a post with a different train destination name and just want to ensure daughter gets to Flaca with ease, so please tell me if i have understood ...

From Barcelona El Pratt, any train that comes goes To Barcelona ? Which terminal do they pick the train up ?

it then takes about 30 mins, get off at Passeig de Gracia (is this the first stop or how will they know in time they are there if annoincements not too clear ??

Is this Passeig de Gracia a full station ?

Pick up a train that is signposted to Portbou ? (same track as they will have got off) will it also say Cerbere or Figueras have seen different names on the forum ?

Get off at Flaca, is this just one stop after Girona?

Sorry but i tried to look at the train website and found it very confusing.

Thanks

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

The train at El Prat runs from T-2.

Your understanding is correct that all trains leaving the airport go to Barcelona city.

Passeig de Gracia is not the first stop. It is the first stop AFTER SANTS. Sants is the main station and it is possible to change there for the train to Flaça but IMO it is much easier to change at Passeig de Gracia.

The name on the transfer train will vary depending on the final destination of the particular train. Some end in Figueres, others in Portbou or Cerbere, etc. but Flaça is a stop on all of those routes.

At the end of the train car over the door that connects to the next car is a monitor that lists the next stop. It is a bilingual message so will say proxima or propera parada. Both mean next stop. There is also a voice announcement on the train.

Each train has a different schedule of stops. There are many small villages between Barcelona and the end of the line, and not every train that passes through stops. So until you know the specific train ýou don´t know how many stops it will make between Girona and Flaça, but it is not far so after Girona the passengers can start anticipating and be ready to step off.

The Renfe site can be confusing but it does have useful information. Once you know the specific train you can click on that time and it shows exactly which stops that train will make.

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Thankyou so much !!! that is really helpful ! Feel much happier now .

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Oh gosh, i need to stop reading these older forum reviews i have now seen an option to Flaca train station from Barcelona ; Caldes de Malavella and another i cannot recall the name of ! Are these other stations definitely quicker and much cheaper ?? Is it the same route from Barcelona?

Thank you

Roses, Spain
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Caldes is one of the stops on the same train line as Flaça.. It is south of Girona, whereas Flaça is a bit north. It will be slightly less expensive since it is closer to Barcelona. I don´t know the place where you are staying so have no idea which station is closer. BUT ....when you start looking at the smaller stations then you have to look at the specific train schedule, as it may be the closest station is not one where the train stops frequently. Maybe you should give the renfe site another lookover and see if it is easier to use now that you are a bit more familiar with the system. Then you can look at specific times and see which stations you could consider.

west yorks
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

Hi again , yes thankyou I will do that , tried a few times but it just didn't seem to load after I had put the stations in , but will try again , we are staying in Sa rierra .

Thanks again .

9. Re: Best route Barcleona Airport to Flaca, or Gerona /Sa rierra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Begur
Recent Conversations