We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Hello, my family and I are going to stay in Begur the last week of October and am just wondering what restaurants will still be open? We are deliberately trying to miss the crowds (hence choosing the end of the season) so not too worried about limited choice. Any idea what the weather would be like? Also suggestions of good walks and activities for teenagers also appreciated! Many thanks!

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Many restaurants close the 3rd/4th week of October, but there should be a couple open. You will find others open in Tamariu and Calella de Palafrugell .

The weather is usually lovely, still warm and sunny in October.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Thank you Denise - much appreciated! I assume markets run in the winter months (the locals needing food of course!)

Province of...
Level Contributor
207 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Hi, you will have no problem with markets.

Regarding the weather, it might still be nice but probably too cold to swim in the beach. September/June are better months in my opinion to avoid the crowds and still enjoy some nice weather.

You have many trekking options. There is "Camí de Ronda" which is a pathway that goes along the seaside and you can get as far as you want (up to Cap de Creus). Lovely scenery!

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

Absolutely! There are some great local markets. Begur´s is on Wednesdays and nearby Palafrugell has an excellent, much bigger market every day.

5. Re: Begur October half term - what's still open/weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:15