We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

Which Begur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Topic
Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

I'm planning on visiting Madrid from September 1 -4 and then going to Begur to catch part of the Fira d'Indians from September 5-7. Since, we're starting our trip in the city, we're leaning toward staying on the beach, Sa Riera for the last half of our vacation.

I like to splurge on vacation and stay at slightly posh boutique hotels. But, the only hotel I see on the beach is Hotel Sa Riera. From the reviews, it sounds like a budget hotel. Are there any boutique hotels on or in walking distance of the beach?

I see there is a good selection of boutique hotels in Begur town, but I thought it might be too noisy during the festival and I was looking forward to an ocean view.

We do not plan to rent a car. Previous vacations taught me that the fastest way to ruin our vacations is to drive in an unfamiliar location. Just being honest. Instead, we plan to take the bus from the beach to the festival. We'll also use car service for a day trip to see the Dali Museum. I'd be grateful for any recommendations. I hope my plan is realistic. But, welcome a course correction if my plan is not feasible.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 03:45
Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

You are correct, the Hotel Sa Riera is the only one on the beach, all the others are in the town apart from Hotel El Convent which is roughly half way between the beach and the town. It takes about 10 mins to walk to the beach from this hotel and about 20mins to the town as it´s up a steep hill.

If you´re planning on joining in the Firas de Indians you should be aware that the "beach bus" probably does not run at night so it would be a matter of walking or taking a taxi (which I recommend you book a long time in advance).

I hope this helps.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
981 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

Is it important that it's Sa Riera? I wondered if you'd looked at the Parador on Aiguablava, or Fornells Hotel in Fornells? From both Sa Riera and Fornells it's really a taxi journey to Begur - you'll not want to do either walk in the dark.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

Hi

We have reviewed all the hotels on the Begur headland, including those in Sa Riera. You might find our reviews useful in helping you decide where to go:

real-costa-brava.com/hotel-costa-brava-begur…

Highly recommend the Dali Museum - it's crazy and wonderful.

Have a great holiday.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

No, it wasn't important for it to be Sa Riera. But, I chose it was a sandy beach rather than a rocky beach.

5. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 February 2013, 23:24
Edited: 15 February 2013, 23:24
Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
981 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

For info, Aiguablava is sandy - it's the beach used in Begur's promotional advertising. Fornells has tiny sandy coves as well as rocky beaches.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

Would you recommend staying in town during the Fira d'Indians? I see that the Aiguaclara Hotel has rave reviews. My only hesitation with staying in town was the possible noise level during the festival and being able to sleep in the evenings.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

It will be noisy, for sure. The festivities begin Friday evening and go on until the early hours of Monday morning. During the daytime, the activities are quiet, but the evenings not so.

9. Re: Sa Riera - Any Romantic Boutique Hotels on/near the Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Begur