We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food allergies and dining out in Begur ... Please advise

Berkshires
Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Food allergies and dining out in Begur ... Please advise

Is it possible to eat foods simply prepared in begur ?

I have some allergies and have found it difficult to order when traveling ..

I am lactose intolerant but can enjoy olive oil .. Is it easy enough to avoid dairy yet enjoy fish .. Chicken or beef grilled or simply prepared as well vegetable and potatoes ?

I cannot eat onions or garlic .. Will this be a problem ?

Can you suggest any restaurants ?

Thank you ..

Esther

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food allergies and dining out in Begur ... Please advise

I would suggest you make a list in Spainsh of the foods you can't eat and write "soy alérgica a....." at the top. I also am allergic to some foods and understand the importance of sorting this out. I usually double check and stress to the waiter that he will need to call an ambulance / take me to hospital if I eat these foods, which in my case is true. This usually makes them take you seriously.

One of the owners at Pizzeta in Begur is English so you could speak with him, his name is Vaughn. He's really helpful....and the food is excellent. You can always ask for e.g. Pollo a la plancha ( grilled chicken ) and salad ( ensalada), without sauce ( sin salsa).

Good luck.

Denise

Berkshires
Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food allergies and dining out in Begur ... Please advise

Wow !

Thank you so much ..

I will do as you suggest ..

Also .. would you know if it is possible to get baked or roasted potatoes and grilled or roasted veggies ?

Thank you again ..

Esther

3. Re: Food allergies and dining out in Begur ... Please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Begur
Recent Conversations