We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

Which Barstow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

In August, I'm travelling from the UK to the USA with my girlfriend. We're hiring a car and driving from Chicago to Los Angeles along Route 66.

We're looking for somewhere to stay in Barstow for one night.

Our criteria:

- Relatively low cost (maybe $60 for a room).

- A unique Route 66 experience.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thank you,

Will

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

I did this drive last year......

Many people swear that the WigWam motel in Holbrook, AZ is THE place for the best Route 66 experience, I checked it out and didn't stay there. It was horribly dirty and unlivable. The front door wouldn't even close!!!!

I think for you the best choice would be the Route 66 Motel on 195 W Main Street in Barstow. Phone is 760-256-7866

Make sure to get a photo of their quintessential neon sign at night!!

Dr. Z

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

We plan to stay at the WigWam motel in Holbrook. We were going to stay at the WigWam motel near San Bernardino too. However, we don't need to stay in two wigwams (!), so I like the idea of the Route 66 Motel in Barstow. It looks perfect for our needs. Thanks, Dr Z!

Barstow...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

You can stay at a place called Route 66 Hotel located at 921 E Main Street in Barstow, California at $45 a night , no breakfast but they do have HBO along with DirectTv

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

Scott/

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

Read post #1

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
683 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

Hmm....stayed at the Wigwam in Holbrook about 5 years ago on a Route 66 trip through Arizona and New Mexico and loved it. It's definitely not a 5-star hotel so you have to take it for what it is, but it was clean. Most of the TA review of the place are positive.

6. Re: Suitable motel for Route 66 journey through Barstow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 20:15