We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camp Verde or Sedona

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camp Verde or Sedona

We are planning a trip to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Sedona/Camp Verde in April 2010. We are planning on going to Camp Verde because I want to go to the Out of Afica Park. I can't decide whether to stay at Camp Verde or go back to Sedona. We will have to drive back to Las Vegas the following day because our flight is out of Las Vegas (because the car rental drop fees are too high to fly out of Phoenix). Is there any nice place to stay in Camp Verde? I'm trying to figure out if it would be closer just to drive from Camp Verde straight to Las Vegas instead of going back to Sedona.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,149 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camp Verde or Sedona

It makes more sense to stay in Sedona. The closest lodging to Out of Africa in Camp Verde would be the roadside motels at the intersection of I-17 and Hwy 260. That would be about 10 miles from Out of Africa, but on the opposite side of the route back to LV. If you stay in West Sedona you'll be about 20 miles to Out of Africa. When you leave for LV you'll have the option of taking the shorter, but slower route over Mingus Mtn and up to Ashfork, or following I-17 up to Flagstaff to I-40 and west from there.

Are you doing anything else in Sedona, or just coming to visit the zoo?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camp Verde or Sedona

Thanks for your reply. We plan to do one of the Pink Jeep Tours in Sedona also. Our plan is 1 or 2 nights in Las Vegas, stop at the Hoover Dam on the way to the Grand Canyon, 1 or 2 nights at the Grand Canyon and then on to Sedona and Camp Verde. I just wish there was a way not to have to drive all the way back to Las Vegas, but the car rental drop charges are just too high.

3. Re: Camp Verde or Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Camp Verde