We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi in Javea

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi in Javea

Hi

We are hiring a villa in July near Javea which does not have wifi. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a Spanish service similar to BT openzone where you can connect locally for a fee?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Norfolk
Level Contributor
587 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi in Javea

Hello

do not think so . I bought a Vodafone dongle from a Vodafone mobile phone shop in Spain, Denia, and it was £20 and I put £10 credit on it which was about 500mb worth of data and it lasted the entire holiday. And since then each year I just pop back into the shop and top it up with the data package I think I will need for my hols. You can buy different amounts of mb for diff prices.

Hope that helps

Germany
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi in Javea

You find free WiFi in restaurants and bars in Javea with Wifi sign

(Calima , Aqua and many other along Port and Arenal beach)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi in Javea

Thanks for replies....very helpful. Will get a dongle when we get there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi in Javea

Hi,

Be careful buying a dongle as the coverage is patchy. If your villa is to the south of Javea up on the hill (Costa Nova, Balcon Al Mar, Adsubia, Granadella areas) it won't work. Also if you are inland at all you will have problems. Best idea is to find one of the many internet cafes and use your laptop there, or as noted above, quite a few of the bars and restaurants have free wifi, although speeds vary from great to appalling. Internet in Javea is an issue...!

Javea, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WiFi in Javea

Wi-Fi is a problem so we use an internet cafe near the Arenal. It's in a place called 'the office' (look out for their very own David Brent!) on Avenida de Paris just by the boats and the canal.

They do DVD rentals too so a good option for those on holiday.

6. Re: WiFi in Javea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 18:19
7. Re: WiFi in Javea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Javea