We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do when it's raining

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do when it's raining

Any suggestions for things to do when it rains? We have a 5 and a 16 month old and it's chucking it down!

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do when it's raining

The caves at Gata de Gorgos - drive to Gata and then follow the signs to Cuevas (of the skulls - but can't remember the Spanish). They are well sign posted from the village.

They are cheap and undercover (obviously!).

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
918 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do when it's raining

Cuevas de Canelobre

http://www.cuevasdecanelobre.com/2.0/

Anyway, the sun is out now in Alicante for the final night of Hogueras :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do when it's raining

Those are the ones - I was rushing to get the message sent and couldn't remember the name!

We have taken our children so often in the past that I get there on autopilot - still a good hour to spend even if it is sunny!

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do when it's raining

Oops - no these aren't the ones. The ones I am thinking of are much nearer to Javea (10 minute drive!), I'll look them up now and send a link - tried to edit previous post but it timed out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do when it's raining

These are the ones - Cuevas de las calaveras

eurotourguide.com/en/costa-blanca-north/trav…

trip advisor review tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g2476948…

As said previously - close by and cheap for an hours entertainment. Hopefully the sun is out now!

Edited: 24 June 2014, 14:05
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do when it's raining

You could also,spend a few hours walking round the La Marina shopping mall near Ondara. They also,have a bowling alley and cinema. Obviously no good for the 16 month old but it al least passes the time round the shops.

7. Re: Things to do when it's raining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Javea