We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived and 1st day

Dennyloanhead...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Arrived and 1st day

Hi everyone , our transfer to Glasgow intl. Arrived on time and took around 40 minutes to airport . Checked in quickly and flight was 30 mins late due to a storm over Croatia lol . Flight took 4.5 hrs and Dalaman was practically empty . Within just 2/3 minutes we were through passport control and down the ramp for our transfer . Found it quickly as plenty of Jet2 reps around to help you . Bus left fairly quickly and journey took 1hrs and 10mins to our Hotel , we were drop off number 5 . All in all a pleasant journey .

Checked into Sarah hotel and into our room . Room was quite small but perfectly formed lol . Balcony is far too small . Our room was very clean and fresh and lovely bathroom area too with shower . We dropped our cases and headed for the bar where we asked if there was anywhere to get something to eat . Member our barman ordered us chicken kebabs which arrived quickly and was delicious (24tl for the two ) . We then returned to our room and headed to bed .

Day 1 ,

Got up at around 9am and Susan was still sleeping lol . I headed down and had a coffee by the poolside then had a look around our hotel . I was amazed how big it was as we expected one building plus the bar and reception area , in fact there are 3 buildings plus bar and reception area . Much bigger than I had thought lol . The hotel has a lovely reception area which leads into a very well equipped bar and lounge area with very nice and helpful staff . Pool is quite large with steps at one end to edge you in if that's what you prefer lol , the other end is 2 metres deep .....perfect . There are a few people here but there are more than plenty sunbeds spare and had a huge choice of where to park ourselves lol . Once Susan got up and had a coffee , we then headed out for breakfast and walked around the strip and getting our bearings . Susan's foot was beginning to hurt so headed back to hotel where we settled by the poolside . We ventured in for a swim where I did my usual ....dive in and suffer lol . To my surprise the water was of a nice temperature and not that cold .

The weather was in the 30's today and solid blue sky , paradise at last lol .We then got freshener up and headed out for dinner .

First place we seen was the My Way restaurant which was only around 100metres from hotel . We were welcomed in and soon placed our order . Susan had a chicken stir fry and I a lamb shank . When they arrived they looked so good with a huge shank of lamb with mash potato , chips and veg . The lamb was mouth watering and just fell off the bone . Susan said her chicken stir fry was excellent too and it certainly looked that way lol . It was accompanied with rice and chips with some veg . After that wonderful main course we had a sweet , Susan had plain ice cream while I went for lemon and sugar pancake . Both were delicious and went down a treat . Cost of this lovely meal including an Efes and a cola ....... 140tll a bargain . I would recommend the My way restaurant .

We then headed off to meet up with Pete and Adam at Harry's Bar . We soon found it and Pete and Jean were sitting waiting for us and we soon got acquainted . Adam arrived soon after with his lovely wife and daughter and now we were all together . Both were lovely couples and so easy to chat with and it felt like we were just meeting old friends instead of strangers . We had a good chat and a couple of drinks and after an hour or two we went to The Bar which I believe is Pete's haunt lol . We were welcomed and introduced to the staff and we settled down to more chat with great music from the 70's , 80's and 90's . All in all we h ad a great night and a few drinks lol . Adam , Pete and there lovely ladies were absolutely brilliant and I thank them for the great night we had . Hopefully we can meet up again soon .

Walked back to hotel where we fell asleep quickly lol . Day 2 will arrive here shortly lol .

First impressions of Hisaronu ..... . Lovely place with very friendly people , we like it so far lol .

John and Susan M

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Harry's Bar
£, Bar, British, Pub
Barracuda
££ - £££, Mediterranean, European, Turkish
14 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Great start John, quick transfer, good hotel (SaraY?), enjoyable food and a convivial evening, the makings of a great holiday. Enjoy!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Great report John! You will get the 'bug' for the area 👍

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Marvelous and loads of laughing - that will keep you fit alone!! Try Fez bar whilst you are there, another great bar amongst many.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,783 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Good to read you have enjoyed you first day. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the next one. 😊

Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Great post,keep them coming

Merseyside
Level Contributor
61 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Glad it’s all going well John, sure day 2 and the rest will be just as good. Enjoy the nice cold Efes, and have a ball

Saint

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Lovely to read - wish I was still there! 😊

Level Contributor
104 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Great post thank you.

We have just got back and it was nice to read your resume.

Regards

Pete

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Hope the rest of your hol is as good as day 1. Keep us posted.:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrived and 1st day

Nice work John, hope the rest of your time is as good.

4 more days till my next Efes 👍

Reply to: Arrived and 1st day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu