We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

We are planning a week or so in this area some time in June. We are in our 60s (going on 40s and quite fit!) and wonder which resort fellow travellers would recommend for a fairly relaxing holiday. I prefer the beach really as I don't swim very well but my husband doesn't mind beach or pool. I've seen good reviews of Montana Pine resort in Hisaronu and also a few mentions of St. Nicholas Hotel. Can anyone please help us make a decision? We enjoy a walk after dinner in the evening if only to have a look around, say, an evening market. Entertainment in the hotel would be nice too. We'd prefer 4* but as long as its clean and nice, we're not too fussy. Sorry to be so vague and ask so many questions, but any help anyone can offer will be very much appreciated.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Mmmmm - really not sure you will like Hisaronu...it is a very loud bright place full of karaoke bars and all day breakfasts and clubbing....so from that point of view I think Olu Deniz might be more your scene... Also Hisaronu is inland and not walkable to the beach.

Other than that - have you considered Turunc or Kalkan...for that more relaxing holiday - I don't know of any 4* hotels in Turunc - but the 3* Meldi hotel in Kalkan is great (www.meldihotel.com) and the Asfiya comes highly recommended.

Cheers!

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
743 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

I think that out of Oludeniz or Hisaronu then it would have to be Oludeniz for what you say you are looking for.

Montana pine is slightly out on the beaten track so though it is in a lovely location it will not be suitable if you like to have a walk out in the evening.

In Olu deniz you can have an evening meal in a great choice of restaurants, then stroll around the bustling resort and along the beachfront.

Also in Olu deniz you can have the choice of both the beach and the pool. There are many choices of great hotels and as the resort is so small, all are close to everything that is going on including the beach.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,042 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Hi Eyepye,

Hisarönü is a short bus ride from the beach, but it has no Turkish atmosphere. It is a typical British holiday resort that could be also in another country. Oludeniz on the other hand has the beautiful lagoon, it is surely also a holiday resort (more international) but the beach and the view over the surrounding mountains makes it so much more nice for a holiday.

I have to stress it is also a tourist place, for the real Turkish atmosphere you have to visit Fethiye and/or Kayaköy or even Faralya.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/

to give you an impression of the area.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

We have stayed in Ovacik twice, it's effectively an extension of Hisaronu but much quieter. Mainly smaller hotels and apartment blocks although there are some larger hotels too. You can certainly walk down into Hisaronu from there in the evening for meals etc.

To say that we were disappointed with Olu Deniz would be a massive understatement. With the exception of the beach and the lagoon it really has nothing to recommend it. The vast majority of restaurants seem to cater to the burger and pizza brigade, and although there are many in H catering for the same crowd there seemed to be a larger range of decent places to eat too.

If you want beach then Olu Deniz is the only choice of your options as Hisaronu is inland. It is no more than 10 minutes by dolmus to Olu Deniz by dolmus, but it's still a bit of a hassle.

If simple, clean apartments with a good pool, friendly management and staff plus bar and small restaurant on site could fit your needs you might like to consider www.sonetaparthotel.com There are only a total of 14 apartments on the small development so it's never crowded, but always friendly. We're on our way back for the third time in late June.

England
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for your help and advice. We also absolutely love your photos VillaRhapsody, exquisite and so interesting.

:-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Ovacik...Best of both worlds

Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

Hi

Just to say that the Montana Pine resort is superb. It grows on you. We went to turkey 3 years ago with some trepidation but found we loved it. The area is quite touristy but you can find little gems. We will going back this year to the Montana for the 3rd year running. We also found some nice little walks but the best way is to ask the staff. they were very helpful.

Paul

8. Re: Hisaronu v. Olu Deniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu