We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking money to hisaronu

Leeds
2 posts
Save Topic
taking money to hisaronu

could anybody advise which is best for Hisaronu- take Turkish lira with you, travellers cheques or use maestro debit card. Are there many Banks\ATM available in resort

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking money to hisaronu

Hi IckyT

Take a maximum of £50 in Lira for each adult, and the rest in Sterling, Make sure you have a £10 note for each person when arriving to pay cost of entry visa.

The exchange rate fluctuates terribly, so just change money as you need it, or if the rate goes very high, which is always possible.

Many shops have boards showing the rate and will change for you, just make sure the rate is as good as possible, and double check the money you get is the correct amount.

Credit cards are good, but check just how much your bank charges you. ATMs at every corner, and nearly everywhere accepts them as payment.

Travellers cheques, sorry I never use them so can't comment.

Have fun

Leeds
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taking money to hisaronu

Thanks FF, what you've said is most likely what we are going to do jsut didn't want to get there and find ourselves stuck with currency we couldn't chnage or with debit cards we can't use.

Cheers

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking money to hisaronu

hi i am going for the first time in oct and i was thinking of taking most of my money in lira and about £1oo in english then i dont have to worry about changing it and when you get back you can always change whats left of save it for when you book again . i dont know if i am right or not its a bit daughting when you havent been before

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taking money to hisaronu

hi

you cannot change turkish lira back in the uk.

I would advise to take a small amount of lira for when you get there and take travellers cheques and some sterling, you get more lira for the pound if you change your money in turkey

we always take lira as they can be replaced if lost or stolen

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taking money to hisaronu

thank you for telling me i have already got 2oo im glad i found this site the girl at the exchange never said nothing to me . i wonder how many more people have got caught out

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taking money to hisaronu

i have sent you a message

newcastle
Level Contributor
192 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taking money to hisaronu

if you do end up with spare lira ask the change shop as they'll change it back (not always at a good rate) or spent it on duty free even better ha ha

8. Re: taking money to hisaronu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu