We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

me and my friend are going over for 4 months and we were wondering would it be any good trying to pick up a job worknig behind the bar or somethink or not thank you guys xx

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

Unless you have a work permit it is illegal to work in Turkey.

It is very difficult to get a permit. One criteria is that you have to prove that you are doing a job that cannot be done by a Turkish national.

Having said that, there are many foreigners working illegally. The problem with taking a chance is that if caught, you will be deported and not allowed to return to Turkey for 5 years (may have been changed to 3, not sure)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

I agree totally.Work permits are notoriously hard to get and these days there are less and less employers willing to take the risk of employing illegal foreigners-especially in a high profile position such as behind the bar.The penalties are very high and can result in the business being closed down and for the worker,as AslansMum said,a fine plus deportation and a long ban.

At the moment there are so many Turkish people looking for work because of the current finanial crisis,why would an employer bother with the hassle of employing someone like you?(no disrespect meant by the way!)

Save lots of money and then just chill :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
573 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

I tried to do this last year by going to Hisaronu, planned to stay the whole summer.

I couldnt get a job anywhere in any bars or restaurants as people do not want to take the risk of employing an english person when they can have a local doing the work.

The jandarma are always about in Hisaronu you just cant get away with it. The only offer of work i had was to work in a hotel about 13 hours a day 7 days a week for about £200 a month.

Save up hard and have a really long holiday. I was lucky i had saved up enough to stay about 6 weeks.

Frankie

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

Even of you do get a job, there's a pretty good chance that you won't get paid and the Jandarma won't be interested if you go running to them complaining.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

hiya how much did you save to go for 6 weeks?? what was the hotel called you worked in thank you xxxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

Add into your budget the cost of the visa - that is £10 for a British passport. The visa lasts 90 days, so you would also have to leave Turkey - take a boat over to Greece - and then return, and buy another one. So that is £20 plus the ferry cost, each.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

hiya thanks for that so is 90 days around three months so for the last month we wanted to stay there could we do that an go to greece and back for another visa? or would we be best going the airport an doing all that thank you xxxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,907 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

No you cannot just go to the airport - you have to actually physically leave the country (Turkey) and re-enter. Cheapest option is to go to a Greek island.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

I just have to say I agree with the other posters, you can't just turn up and get a job, firstly it is illegal and secondly you wont find many places willing to take you on because if they get caught they will get fined as well as you. You would do best to just save as much as you can.

I notice in your other post you are thinking of staying at a hotel for that time, you would do far better to rent a private apartment when you get thre too, it would be way cheaper.

10. Re: bar jobs in hisonaru town!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:34
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu