We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Boat Trip.

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Boat Trip.

Hi all,

We are going to Hisaronu in June next year (2010). We will only have a week so a little guidance would be helpful.

What boat trip would you advise and from where?

We would be happy to go from either Fethiye OR Oludeniz.

As we are both in our 60s we would be looking for a quiet trip that gives us a mixture of sightseeing and swimming.

What we don’t want is a “Lazy Day” trip with noisy music and drunken behaviour!

The cost is not necessarily a consideration and we will gladly pay a little more for the right trip.

Many thanks in advance.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

I would recommend doing the Olu Deniz boat trip, rather than Fethiye.

Having done both, we much preferred this one because it went to Butterfly Island and you could actually get off the boat and wander about.

If you go down to Olu in the morning you can have a good look at all the boats and decide which one you fancy for the next day. There were a few small boats there which would suit you.

Have a look at www.tinyakropol.com for details on where the trips from Olu and Fethiye go.

newcastle
Level Contributor
192 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

I have done 2 boat trips from Olu and non have turned into boozy loud partys so i'd not worry too much about that.

Have a good time!

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

Hi Peter

I've done both the OD and the Fethiye boat trips, and unlike the previous posters, I much prefer the Fethiye 12 Island trip.

The OD boat trip was good, not noisy or crowded. But it can be a problem boarding the boats because of the swell at the beach in OD. Also, I found the swim stops much colder than those on the 12 Island trips - don't know why that is.

If you go down to the harbour at Fethiye, you can have a look at all the boats. See which ones have loud music, which don't, which are crowded and which are not.

We have our own particular favourite now, but before we found it, we used to go down to the harbour as the boats were returning. Some of them had such loud music, still blaring as they docked, and others were so crowded.

The boat we use has a good mix of Turkish and British, with a smattering of other nationalities. It's never been overcrowded when we have been on it, and the Brits are usually in the 50+ age group, which suits us fine.

Happy new year to you all.

Heather x

newcastle
Level Contributor
192 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

Yes Heather is right getting on and off the boat at Olu can be a pain especially the return when the sea is quiet choppy, I didnt even think if that. I was ok as im an ok swimmer and young but for the less mobile it may be a problem, although the guys on the boat do help you off.

I might try Fet next time x

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

Hi bettyboo

If you've not done the 12 Island trip from Fethiye, I can recommend it. You do need to pick your boat well, but there are loads to choose from. The boats leave Fethiye around 10.30 and return about 6 ish. The scenery is spectacular, all along the coast.

There are usually 3 or 4 swim stops around the Gocek islands, and on one of them, a lunch is served. This will be the usual fish, chicken or meatballs and is included in the price. Drinks, ices etc are extra, as they are from OD.

Heather x

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

I can only agree with the previous comments. We have done a number of boat trips both from Olu Deniz & Fethiye and enjoyed them all. None have been rowdy, boozy affairs.

Getting on and off in OD can be downright dangerous if the swell is up. I'm 6' but have been dumped in water up to my waist getting off the boat on arrival back in OD.

Butterfly valley is very nice, but you don't have time to get up to the waterfalls unless you want to virtually run all the way.

Hisaronu, Turkey
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

both are really nnice n quiet trips but dont go on wit big boats which gets 150 200 people in can b very loud n noisy try to go with which gets 40 60 ppl max if u go n c tiny akropol travrel agent he ll do your best or checkk his website out www.tinyakropol.com

Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

Hi

We always use Carol and Tayfun for our boat trips as they don't overcrowd or play loud music. Their reps are always friendly and helpful too. We will be back for the 8th time in August and will be doing the boat trips again as they are such good value

Nicky

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

I have much the same questions - similar ages etc. and will be on the coast around May 5 .

Also can you give an indication of what we should pay for a 4 day cruise?

Thanks

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet Boat Trip.

Hello tomkathy,

This thread is about Day Trips, rather than a 3 or 4 day Blue Cruise.

You would do better searching the Fethiye forum, or posting a fresh question in your quest for information.

Hope that this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations