We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restuarant for children

England
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Good restuarant for children

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant for families- our 5yr old boy sits/eats nicely etc and will go anywhere, but if any one knows of a place that does that bit extra for families, like has a play area attached or something like that we'd be grateful.

Also, was a bit concerned that the Olive Tree doesn't let them in at all, no doubt making enough money without the massive market that families can provide! i can appreciate of course that some people like a child free environment and that in itself is a market, but just to forewarn us, is there anywhere else in Hisaranou or Olu that has this rule?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restuarant for children

I wasn't aware that the Olive Tree doesn't allow children but it's now worth bearing in mind if we do want a peaceful meal. I have no problem with well behaved kids (the vast majority in my experience), but it can be a pain in the neck when you do get the brats in - they are usually following the example set by the parents so there's no point in complaining!

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restuarant for children

Check out the Olu Deniz forum I'm sure this question was asked on there a few weeks ago and Codfather amongst others answered it. I've read the Olive Tree has a sister restaurant that does allow children. We were there last year with 5 children in our party and all of the restaurants were most welcoming, they love children. We didn't find any though like you get in Spain with a play area attached...an opportunity lies there I think!!

England
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restuarant for children

Thanks, I'll have a look!

England
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restuarant for children

Hi again,

Can you remember the name of the post? I've checked out the olu forum, but it's not all that clear which post this info relates to, and with 3035 posts there wasn't enough hours in the day to look at them all!

Cheers

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restuarant for children

Sorry can't remember the exact post name but it asked the same question, Codfather (who knows everything but is holidaying there just now!!) said the London Bar in Hisaronu as it has Pool tables and a little stream running through it. We took ours (grandchildren) there and they loved it but the youngest were 7 so it depends on ages.

We particularly liked the Bees Knees but there wasn't a play area. We had our wedding reception at Sugar Beach and that does have a play area and a little boat (fixed) in the sand and you're very close to it while you eat, I'd forgotten about that one! You could try it out in the day first, they'll come and collect and return you for free but you pay for sunbeds and snacks. I'm not sure if they do meals every night as it was quiet on our reception night but great for us as we had the place to ourselves. Hope that helps.

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restuarant for children

that sounds great and just the sort of place that I was on about, so I'm sure that we'll give it a go!

thanks

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restuarant for children

Hi, the Olive tree restaurant would have thouroughly welcomed the Von trap family in this week.

In high peak weeks they may discourage large families (even doubt that) as they just may not have the seating room. However out of peak weeks should be no problem and even in peak weeks I can't see them stopping one child. In fact I'll put my house on it!

Edited: 07 May 2010, 02:32
8. Re: Good restuarant for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu