We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should we book excursions from england?

bridlington
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
should we book excursions from england?

hisaronu

I have just heard about seaside tours and also carole and tayfun. both do excurions both seem v.reasonable.

does anyone know if these agents are in Hisaronou and if i book them over the internet do i pick up the tickets from their office.

Is the turkish bath for £2 at the place in hisaronu??

what trips are god value and fun and are not timeshare talks!!? re: jeep safari, microlighting, two day trip to euphesus??

iam staying at green forest hotel with hompson - is it best to go with them??

plz your thoughts and advice???

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should we book excursions from england?

You can normally book and buy tours the day before you want to go out on them. Some can be booked on the same morning. Most tour companies have agents, or their own offices, in Hisaronu, Ovacik, Oludeniz, Fethiye and Calis.

Don't worry about the Time Scammers. It doesn't happen in this part of Turkey. Although, you may find that some trips include a stop-off at the driver's "friend's" carpet or jewellery shop, but theyr'e not hard-sell.

A Turkish Bath for £2 ?, I don't think so.

Edited: 20 May 2010, 20:51
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Pre-booking, not for me - but each to their own, I don't like planned and regimented things on holiday, I want to do things as and when I feel like it.

Picture the scene, a heavy night on the tiles, a big fry up breakfast, then you are reminded that todays the day for the boat trip.

Manchester
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should we book excursions from england?

You can get trips cheaper in town but beware the 12 island trips are £10ish and include lunch but not drinks. It depends how much you would drink on the trip, if you have kids or large party it may be cheaper to go with rep on arrival as the drinks are usually AI. A family on our £15 trip had bar bill of 79 TL (approx £37).

Lots of things to do and trips to choose from, I suggest you look around before booking:

Look at the reviews on Green Forest Hotel, I posted on with tips and so have others who stayed there last week. Lots of useful information.....

bridlington
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Thanks!!! good point re:regimented -

there was honestly the price of £2-i was ba bit unnerved by that too!!!

we will pronabbly book when we get there but i like to look!!!!

is the tukish bath in hisaronu reccommended plz??

i have heard about tiny akropol for excursions- reccommended?? have seen website but no price list

/ i am thinking of booking a private transfer -is this worth it? we arrive in early aft so thinking it could be a long hot drive on coach - we go in june.

thanks for your commnets by the way

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,707 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Hi julielucyBridlington,

Yes Carole & Tayfun have offices in both Hisaronu and Fethiye.

They are called "Headway Tours" and are here on this link below.

http://www.caroletayfun.com/

And YES the Turkish bath is available for £2 if you book two tours with them.

It is cheaper to pre-book on-line than in the resort and a lot cheaper than the hotel reps.

They send your tickets via return email, certainly within 24 hours. They have proved very efficient so far. Pick-ups are organised a little later but you will be informed of times well before you leave for the resort. We had our over a week ago and dont leave for just over three weeks.

The other thing you save is time. We only have a week and have pre-booked four trips with them and this has probably saved us about £25... but more importantly about 1/2 a day of valuable "in resort" time!

They come very highly recommended on this site by TA members... although I will state that our knowledge is stricktly second hand as we will be on our first visit to the are on 7th June... Woo-Hoo!

As said before it is down to your individual choice.

I hope that this is helpfull.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 21 May 2010, 02:29
bridlington
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Thank you soo much for that reply

much apprectiated - will do so.

Huddersfield, West...
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Hi,

I always book on line before I go and always use Carol & Tayfun for the boat trips and also taxi transfer. I've booked the £2 turkish bath too so would be interested to know which one it is if anyones been.

I got confirmation of my trips and also pick up times by e-mail within 24 hours and I'm not going until 9 August.

Have a good time

Dolly

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: should we book excursions from england?

With most trip prices being so reasonable anyway I don't think it makes much sense to book before you travel. You can always haggle in the tour operators' office anyway :-)

As was said previously, prebooking ties you down too much.

Huddersfield, West...
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: should we book excursions from england?

It's each to their own isn't it - I only visit Turkey once annually and I like to make the most of every minute. If I didn't arrange a couple of trips beforehand, I'd end up lolling around in the sun and doing nothing!

If anyone interested, the £2.00 Turkish Bath that C&T use is St Nicholas Park.

Dolly

liverpool
Level Contributor
153 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: should we book excursions from england?

Definately book there with independent agents.

We went on an overnight trip to Pammukale and Ephesus which was great value for £45 but its a 4-5 hour journey there not 3 like you are told!

But it was amazing and not to be missed.

Tiny akropol and Pioneer are in the main street and take a look when you arrive.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu