We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

onur air

westmidlands
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
onur air

hi ppl

we fly out on the 25th july to hisaronu with onur air has anyone used them before should we be worryed as its not a thomas cook or thomson flight

darwen
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: onur air

Hi,

Me and my GF have used Onur Air on a number of occasions, usually when we have booked through Goldtrail holidays. Leg room is not to bad better than other airlines anyway, we have always had food included, which has always been okay nothing special but okay, we had a curry once on a night flight and in the morning flight had some kind of tomatoe thing with potatoes bit of a turkish thing i think but very good and also got a cake with that.

Only problem i have had when going with Onur Air is they always seem to be delayed once we got delayed for 18 hours and no im not making that up but i took this as just a one off that can happen to any airline, other times its usually been around an hour delay which isnt to much of a problem more beer in the bar is how i get by lol.

As for the staff they are all turkish of course but usually friendly people, prices drinks on plain aroung same as any other airline.

Hope this helps

Ads

westmidlands
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: onur air

thanks for the reply i hope i dont get 18 hrs delay

cheers jay

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: onur air

I've flown with them before a couple of times, no problems at all. I didn't think they did meals though? Never been serving them on the flights I've been on anyway!!! They did have a snack menu though, cant remember if it was expensive or not. Never had a delay with them either.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: onur air

Not being Thom Cook or Thompsons is a bonus not something to worry about.

ONUR Air - cheap and cheerfull, normally no entertainment or meals, no annoyances every 5 minutes by the cabin crew trying to sell you something, just a straight forward flight, with reasonably new planes and in many cases much more legroom.

May people have complained that the cabin crew are surly, but if you take time to chat with them you will find them very friendly.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: onur air

Hi, we flew onurair in june. 30 min delay from manchester but not a problem. One thing I did notice, the cabin crew were friendly, efficient and helpful outbound but inbound back to manchester total opposite. Couldn't be bothered to even say goodbye, thanks for flying etc. Seat pitch is very tight and had to pay £2.50 for small bottle of water. No meals included in flight.

Blyth...
Level Contributor
728 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: onur air

We are flying with Onurair fron Doncaster , although we will be eating in the dparture lounge was of the understanding that there was a meal included! Has this changed? This is more for the return journey.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: onur air

Robnsonya

It depend who you are flying with ONUR supply the planes to a few different tour agents, most being cut price do not do meals, but some do. I should have mentioned that in my previous post.

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: onur air

Hi,we flew with Onur a couple of years ago;no delays,very comfy leather seats(most room I've ever had on a flight to Turkey),no in flight entertainment,took our own meal (sandwiches),flight crew pleasant enough (struggled a bit with English),would use again.

Hope this helps.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: onur air

I haven't used them, but we heard complaints from a number of people in our small complex of only 14 apartments regarding flight times being changed almost up to date of departure. One family had their outbound flight moved back from mid-morning to late afternoon and return flight from mid-afternoon to 7am effectively losing a day. As the time changes were less than 12 hours they could do nothing about it.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: onur air

Hi we had a 20 hour delay 2 years ago in Glasgow airport as part of our Goldtrail holiday package,& almost everyone on the flight found their hotels were all overbooked so everyone on the coach were shunted to different hotels at 3 am.Not pleasant!!!!The flight itself wasnt too bad,a bit more leg room than other budget flights,but the food was dire!!! Itput us off booking with them again to say the least.Good luck.I hope you have a good flight & holiday.Hisaronu is lovely,so dont worry about that side of thingsCheers Joan

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu