We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bar prices, dalaman airport

huddersfield
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bar prices, dalaman airport

Just got back from holiday this morning. Word of warning, don,t go to the sports bar at the airport on your way home. One standard glass of Efes draught will cost you 17tl (about £6.40). There's no price list anywhere so it comes as a hell of a shock., My advice is to ask the price first before buying anything there as we Brits are daft eneough not to make a fuss once the drink is poured.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Dalaman Airport is well known to be one of the most expensive airports in the world. Seasoned travellers don't buy anything at Dalaman. There have been a number of posts on this forum about it.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Prices at Dalaman have been well publicised on here- so lets hope others read the warnings before they go.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Yes as KK said don't buy ANYTHING. We took sandwiches and a drink and had them before we went through and also took large slices of melon for air side which were very refreshing!

Scotland
Level Contributor
322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

I've never been in the Sports bar but the prices of the food outlets are really shocking, although the ice cream cones at McDonalds weren't to bad ( compared to everything else, that is ), 3TL if I remember rightly. I got rid of some of the coins I had left.

The exchange rate they gave you if you paid in £ was shocking too, the whole place was suprisingly busy though, people seem to complain but still pay the prices.

Edited: 03 October 2010, 15:59
Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Yes, unfortunately they've got a captive market in the airport. Once you get in, there are no alternatives.

Most people take their own food and drink and consume it outside the departures building to save having it confiscated. There are a number of hotels in the resorts that are providing a takeaway service for guests on departure.

But, once you've checked-in you're at their mercy, especially of there's a delay on departure. My daughter and her boyfriend had a 10 hour delay back in the summer and there was a near riot when passengers weren't allowed any discount on food and drink. However, the airport management eventually backed-down and issued vouchers to all passengers.

Edited: 03 October 2010, 16:53
Felixstowe England
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Recently came back from Dalaman, we were a bit dry and thought we would have two coke's till they said it would be 16 lire about £8 (departures) told them to stuff it.

Green forest hotel were great and did us a pack up to have at the airport, free of charge.

Also beware they will not let you take drinks into the airport.

Newcastle upon...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Hi i was stung with the £8 for 2 cokes recently.

We had a big delay so we paid to go into the CIP longe which was 42lira each, this had free drinks and food, also had free wifi and some computers and the comfy sofas were a must as they were several flights delayed so people were lying everywhere.

torquay
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

its been said before, dont buy,

was at the airport the other week and they must have made a fortune out of the silly brits

rochester
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Am staying at Green Forest this week, did they provide you with food for the airport? I know you can't take drinks through security????

Felixstowe England
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bar prices, dalaman airport

Hi Kentish -Gal

We stayed at the greenforest this sept, we did not ask, they actually asked us we we would like a pack up to take to the airport (free of charge i might add) a wonderful gesture, they also did the same for other holiday makers.

You will love this hotel, all the reviews are spot on.

We are reurning next year as we had such a fab time.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu