We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hand luggage

Billingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
hand luggage

Hi, We are travelling to Hisaronu in a couple of days. I have just started to wear contact lenses and was wondering if the solution has to be packed in main luggage or can it go in hand luggage. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hand luggage

Will you need it on the flight? Is it over 100ml?

If it's more than 100ml you will have to put it in your hold luggage. If not you can carry it in hand luggage.

I think you will need a letter from your doctor confirming what it is and that you need it on the flight if it's more than 100ml?

Billingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hand luggage

Thanks for that. Well the size I have got is 100ml. Maybe I will try to get a smaller size for hand luggage. Thanks again !

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hand luggage

Have a great time. I see you are going to the Carmina? The hotel we stay in is right behind it, the Tolay.

They are in a great position, just a few mins walk to town but far enough away from all the noise.

We don't go until 29 July but am counting the days!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
708 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hand luggage

hi i always put 100 ml bottle in my hand luggage rather than my case just as a precaution should my case get lost. I have never been asked wat it is. I decant the solution into 100 ml bottles. Angie

Darlington
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hand luggage

Hi

I always put mine in my hold luggage to be on the safe side, but as we take 2 cases between us I put a bottle in each case. There is a couple of opticians and plenty of pharmacies in Hisaronu if you found you needed more solution. I put my lenses in the hand luggage and always take some spares just in case.

Nicky

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hand luggage

Hi - i do the same as above, buy the travel bottles and decant the solution, so can carry it in my hand luggage. My fella had his 'clear plastic bag' checked at Gatwick a couple of years ago, the customs guy took swab samples of all the liquids, including his contact lense solution and even then did not ask him what it was!

Edited: 30 April 2011, 16:12
Billingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hand luggage

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. Can't wait until Thursday now :-)

8. Re: hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations