We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

I have not travelled as part of a package deal for a while, and i am off to Pine Valley Hotel with Thomas Cook in 3 weeks.

I was just wondering, do they still do welcome meetings at your hotel? I am not too fussed, i was just wondering more than anything seeing as they have cut back on everything else such as in flight entertainment.

Thanks in advance.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Yes, they will still do welcome meetings. Remember though if you do go not to book any trips with them as they will cost a lot more!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Crikey that has surprised me! I thought they would have stopped that by now with all the cut backs!

I used to go to welcome meetings as they are a good way to find out about the local area, but as you say, i wont be buying any trips from them.

Thanks for your speedy reply

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

I spent a few years going to this area not via package holiday, although 3 years ago I booked with thomas cook and it was nice to have a welcome meeting after all those years, just told you more about this area and how it had changed etc. I must say though the trips didn't cost as much as I though they would.

I am off to Pine Valley Hotel in 4 weeks today, I emailed them yesterday as I was worried about the steps issue with taking a 2 yr old so wanted a room on lower ground and they advised me they now have a lift.

Enjoy your holiday

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Dawn, thanks ever so much for your help. I think i will probably pop into the welcome meeting.

I didnt know that you could email the hotel directly. Thanks for that. I would prefer a quiet room away from the pool so i may email them and see what they say. I am only 27 but i like my sleep!

I arrive 2nd July so see you there :)

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Your welcome. I just google pine valley hotel Hisaronu and found their website and email from there. told them I was travelling with Thomson or in your case thomas cook, the date I was arriving and the lead booking persons name and they emailed me back in an hour.

Are you there for one or 2 weeks? I arrive early hours of the 8 july.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

I am only going for one week, Dawn. How about you? I arrive early hours on Sunday 3rd July. Was meant to be going Sunday evening but my flight was cancelled grr.

Have never been Turkey before but the mother in law recommended Hisaronu so thought i would give it a try.

Thank you for your help. i have emailed them the info.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

I will see you there then for a couple of days, I am there just a week. I have been going to Turkey (hisaronu) since 1998 and only not gone 4 years between then and now, in the early years I was going twice a year, I love it and really missed the last two years i haven't been due to having my little girl. People think i am mad when I say how much I love it and how it feels like home (second home).

I would without question keep going twice a year if I had the money.

Take care see you there.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

Excellent, i am really looking forward to going. Just hope we survive the heat :)

Have a great holiday and a safe journey xx

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

If you don't know the area the Welcome Meeting can be a good way to get info but, as others have said, don't book trips through them without at least checking out local deals first. If the reps try to pressure you tell them straight that you will decide later and if they don't want your business then it will be their loss, not yours.

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook - Welcome Meetings

If you want to check out trip prices before you go (and maybe get a discount by booking and paying for them in advance),have a look at the "Top Questions about Hisaronu" box in the top right-hand corner of this page.

G

Edited: 09 June 2011, 19:47
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu