We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next Year's Flights

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Next Year's Flights

Does anyone know why the cost of flights from Gatwick to Dalaman are so expensive for next year?

Kent
Level Contributor
328 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next Year's Flights

I don't know exactly but the tax has gone up I think and also with Argean Airline ( sorry spelt that wrong) going bust it may be less competition so no need to keep flight down. We did ok with ours but booked ages ago for them. I think the sooner you book them the cheaper they are.

Not a very educated response, sorry but just some thoughts I've had

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next Year's Flights

Thanks anyway....hoping that they'll come down a bit as our hotel has just gone all inclusive so our holiday will have doubled in price from this year

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next Year's Flights

Well steveaud as you've seen (all inclusive) seems the norm more and more for next year. I myself reside in Fethiye most of the year, 2 months ago flight only prices very reasonable,now nearly 3 times the cost,personally i think they have caught on too us regular travellers useing flight only. Why not try a direct booking with your hotel and then add on flights and see how it works for you that way.

Best of luck.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,008 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next Year's Flights

Hi Steve,

Welcome to our world in Scotland. We never get cheap flights, for the last 7 years cheapest we have ever had is £500.00 for the two of us. This year it's over £600.00. This is just the flight price, we have our own place.

However, if you love the place you will cough up, no point in going somewhere else just because the flight is cheap.

As the Oil gets harder to find and the prices of finding it gets more and more expensive, in the end fuel costs will rise. The days of cheap flights are coming to an end.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next Year's Flights

Hi steveaud

Next year will be our first time to Turkey. Booked online through Travel Republic to Dalaman in Aug. Paid £534 for two including luggage.

I thought that was very good. Have always booked our flights with this company when ever we have been abroad.

Hope this helps.

ceceliax

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next Year's Flights

Just booked for the end of June next year with Monarch, Gatwick to Dalaman two adults. £492 return, paid £590 this year. So I'm very happy as its £100 cheaper.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next Year's Flights

I've found afternoon flights from Brum at under £300 including meals, extra legroom and baggage charges. I don't think that's too bad.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next Year's Flights

Easyjet released their flights a few weeks ago and there were some bargains to be had, looks like their prices didn't stay low for long.

We booked for July from Bristol and paid £161 each, same flights a couple of days ago were around £240ish!

Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Next Year's Flights

Easyjet from Edinburgh don't know if there still any bargains to be had but got mine with luggage £139 rtn

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,008 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next Year's Flights

No Easyjet flights yet for September 2012 onward from Edinburgh. Only available fo a high Summer months at the moment.. Also, fine if you live near Edinburgh and don't have a 3 hour drive to get there.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu