We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Airport Transfer..

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
312 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Late Airport Transfer..

As anyone experienced a transfer company not show up at the promised time and not bother to contact the hotel you are staying at to let you know there is a problem?

I managed to phone their office to be told there was a problem with the vehicle and they would be nearly an hour late. Ended up getting a taxi to the airport as I didn't want to miss my flight.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

Not in Turkey but had an experience in Lanzarote when the tour operators coach didnt appear at the agreed pick up time. After waiting a while and contacting their resort office we were told to get taxis and the reps would pay at the airport. It was a bit of a panic and we just made it in time! If there is a problem why cant they do the sensible thing and at least contact the hotel.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

My son and girlfriend got left behind in Albufeira, Algarve and were told "too late to turn back now, get a taxi and claim it back".. They phoned a taxi, used all of their money and only just caught the check in and when they tried to claim they were refunded the cost of the original transfer, out of pocket by pounds. They were not happy.

Scotland
Level Contributor
312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

We booked through Sunshine holidays and flights/hotel and transfers are all seperate bookings. There isn't a Rep either which complicates it further.

We paid the taxi ourselves, 150 TL, but I think we made the right decision as it took 1 hour 15mins to get there as the traffic in Fethiye was bad and there are road works that slowed things down too.

It will be interesting to see what the holiday company say about reimbursement.

I was miffed they didn't phone the hotel to let us know and I wasn't going to put my trust in them to show up nearly an hour later.

Also lost the first day of our holiday due to a plane malfunction which delayed us for nearly 14 hours.

Had a nice holiday though!

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

We booked through Resort Hopper a couple of years ago and when we arrives in the early hours they said weren't on their list and would have to pay again. We showed them the confirmation email but they wouldn't accept it so we had no alternative, they said we would get a refund but never did. The funny thing is they did the same with a family of four who arrived of the next flight mmmmm

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

Anyone booked with Travel Republic before? If so, any problems with there transfers? Not long now, 1 week Monday.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

Hi Daniel B

Yes have used Travel Republic for the

last 8 years. Never once had a problem

with transfers or anything else to do anything

that has been to do with our holiday.

Very reliable!

Hope you too receive as good a service

as we have.

Happy hols!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

Cheers Ceceliax! Great news. Hope you enjoy your trip.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

We booked a package with thomsons 2 year ago staying in Turkbuku on the Bodrum Peninsula,and our return transfer did not come and pick us back up..After numerous calls to there 24 hour help line my myself and the hotel,we were told to get a taxi to the airport and claim the money back from the reps at the airport (£50),which we did...On returning home I wrote a letter to Thomsons as I was not happy about this happening...Got a vey nice applogy and a £100 voucher towards our following years holiday with them....

WENDY

Scotland
Level Contributor
312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

I'm waiting to hear back from the holiday company about the transfer complaint, will be interested to see what they say about it.

I thought travel insurance would pay out something for our 14 hour delay and losing the first day of our holiday but not one of the three ( we are all insured with different people ) will. Didn't expect much but suprised you don't get anything.

10. Re: Late Airport Transfer..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations