We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paragliding

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
paragliding

iv seen on internet that they do paragliding off a mountain & land on oludeniz beach, just wondering if anyone has done it,is it expensive & is it safe ?. would love to av a go...i think lol. travelling out on 30th june cant wait & wots weather like

Kent
Level Contributor
619 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paragliding

Hi!

My Stepson (14 at the time) and myself did it last year and it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had! We booked it through oscars which is along the main strip in Hisaronu.

We paid around £50 each for the paragliding but also bought the pictures and dvd of us paragliding over Olu Deniz which I would highly recommend purchasing.

There are many agencies throughout Hisaronu and Olu Deniz to book through in which I am sure other TA experts would recommend but we found Oscars to be helpful and reasonably priced.....

Have Fun!!

Regards

Grahame

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paragliding

thanks graham sounds amazing, just got to pluck up the courage lol

Kent
Level Contributor
619 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paragliding

If I'm honest I was more scared than my Stepson! lol. The most scarey part is actually travelling up the mountain in the minibus!!

Once you get to the top (1700 metres i believe) the views and scenery are spectacular!!

The only way I can describe the exprerience is you feel like a human bird!!

Go for it Lee, You wont regret it.

The weather by the way will be roasting in June/July.

Have a good holiday :-)

Regards, grahame

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: paragliding

I've done this twice now, once from halfway up Babadag, and the second time from the top, and it is truly an amazing experience..

Yes, the ride up the mountain is definately more acary, as the drops on the road are pretty steep, and the drivers are very confident in their abilities, so it can be very un-nerving to the unaccustomed,...

I thought it would be a bit of a rush when you're in the air, but it's actually really relaxing - just like sitting in a chair floating around. Quite dreamlike really, and a lot quieter than I thought it would be.

The guides/pilots may give you a choice to do some little spins on the way down - not easy on the stomach by all accounts.

My wife was taken over Lykia world on our last flight, which gave her a different view of the area too. The rest of us were flown over the Blue Lagoon and the beach etc as normal.

I would deffo recommend it, but be aware that there have been a number of serious accidents, but you'd expect that with extreme sports I suppose.

At the end of the day though, loads of people have done this safely, and it's a great experience - and make sure you take your camera for some amazing shots...

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paragliding

Our family booked a Paraglide at Olüdeniz for my wife's 60th birthday last year. "The nest birthday present ever", she said.

We booked with Sky Sports and consider them an extremely professional and friendly company with a proven safety record. Would highly recommend them:

http://www.skysports-turkey.com/#/home

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paragliding

Also make sure you take our extra insurance before you leave the U.K. As paragliding is classed as a dangerous/extreme sport and your normal Travel Insurance will not cover this. Although the Paragliding Companies offer you insurance it will only cover hospitalisation in Turkey. There is no provision for a flight back if you miss your regular slot. So you would have to pay for this yourself. Also there is no cover if you have to take time off work.

As said above there have been injuries and also fatalities, some this year already.

Edited: 20 June 2012, 11:23
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paragliding

Just supporting what Frances-Jane has said. I have seen some really bad landings and seen people with severe bruising from bad landings on previous days. They are in the minority but it is absolutely essential that you have full insurance for extreme sports before attempting this. The potential cost of not having the insurance is just too high.

Bexhill on sea
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paragliding

I did it ten years ago and my family are still laughing about my crash landing on the beach, it was fine, just real lolly funny xxx

Bexhill on sea
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paragliding

I did it ten years ago and my family are still laughing about my crash landing on the beach, it was fine, just real lolly funny xxx

10. Re: paragliding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations