We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Mate - warning

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
833 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Mate - warning

Having booked a boat trip with this company on the main strip in Hisaronu their was a lot of disappointment all around.

This company employs English people wearing a uniform not dissimilar to that worn by one of the UK's leading travel companies! Not sure if this is a ploy by them to make you think they are part of this group.

We where sold a boat trip departing from Fethiye which was meant to be on a sailing ship. Having being collected and taken to Fethiye the boat which we were taken to had no sails, it was just like the numerous other boats which we had previoulsy been on. The boat was also full and the sales person at Fethiye was trying to negotiate with other boat owners a 2nd boat.

We and along with other couples where extremely unhappy with this situation and demanded our money back. We where given a refund but then had to make our own way back to the hotel resulting in a complete morning being wasted.

Just therefore be careful when booking any excursions with this company.

Caister
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

I have to agree that Holiday Mate are not a company that I would use again or recommend.

I had issues with our transfer and Stuart Kerr (manager) agreed these were unacceptable.

I was told to email Falcon Tourism as they are in charge of the transfers. i did this but the only response was them disputing my facts point by point. I had proof (and so did they, if they had bothered to check time of arrival at hotel). I was as much called a liar, though there were a dozen of us claiming wrongdoing. I never received any more replies from Falcon Tourism.

I further contacted Mr Kerr and he still disputes it is out of his hands although it was to Holiday Mate my money was paid.

Disgusting service. Deplorable after sales.

Caister
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

I have to agree that Holiday Mate are not a company that I would use again or recommend.

I had issues with our transfer and Stuart Kerr (manager) agreed these were unacceptable.

I was told to email Falcon Tourism as they are in charge of the transfers. i did this but the only response was them disputing my facts point by point. I had proof (and so did they, if they had bothered to check time of arrival at hotel). I was as much called a liar, though there were a dozen of us claiming wrongdoing. I never received any more replies from Falcon Tourism.

I further contacted Mr Kerr and he still disputes it is out of his hands although it was to Holiday Mate my money was paid.

Disgusting service. Deplorable after sales.

Fethiye, Turkey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

I booked our quad safari yesterday through Holiday Mate. It was more expensive than other companies but i booked because the guy at the Olu Deniz office said we would have longer on the quads (4 hours instead of 2 1/2) and a better time all round.

The guy (Savas) hosting the safari had no enthusiasm at all, and was very distant, only engaging when it was time to have a 'group' photo.

They tried to sell us CDs at £10 each - but each CD contained pics of just one person, not the group, so if more than one of you, you have to buy a CD each - extortion!

My son and I had made our own way to Kaya as he wanted to look round there before the quad bikes, even though we'd booked our transfer from Calis. The transfer driver (same Savas) wanted to drop us back at Kaya - we explained that our transfer was booked from Calis but he refused to take us back there. He said he wasn't going to Calis - when I asked how we could get to Calis he said, by dolmus, I will leave you in Hisaronu!! I called Holiday Mate who phoned the office, who phoned the driver and told him he MUST take us back to Calis. From then on he drove like a maniac, he went through red lights and cut people up. Eventually, we arrived in Calis but he refused to drop us where we had specified before, saying he wasn't going there and we would have to walk. To be honest, we were both so shaken up we were glad to get out of the bus! He insulted me personally but, the Turkish couple who were still on the bus, were going further than Calis, so he had absolutely no reason to behave like this! I have taken it up with Holiday Mate and waiting for them to come back to me with an explanation and a refund! My advice: don't book your quad safari through Holiday Mate.

PS: If I get a satisfactory response, I'll delete this post.....if I find out who the quad safari is run by though I'll be posting again....

Fethiye, Turkey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

Has anyone else, who has posted here, had a threatening email from Holiday Mates "Head of Legal"?

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

Good grief what are they threatening? OTT to say the least and won't do their business any good!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

"I have just checked their website which says they have been trading since 2000 and they offer cheap holidays to Turkey & North Cyprus. No where on their website can I see that they are either members of ATOL or ABTA just a member of the TTA"

Their website has the ATOL badge on it.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

planet Jane - I'm still convinced that the local tour agent calling themselves holiday mate have nothing to do with the UK holiday company - so far nothing I have read or heard can confirm this - but maybe your letter gives a clue - who exactly was it from.

Fethiye, Turkey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

I'm not sure I can post any more - they are threatening to sue me for defamation and blackmail!

Fethiye, Turkey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

Here is a little of what their letter says:

"Holiday Mate and our agent Falcon Tourism have an exemplary record for customer service and have no concerns about accurate reports of its service to any media organisation. However, should you continue to make allegations about us or our agent that are inaccurate and damaging; we will, if necessary, seek appropriate court remedies for any damage that you cause to our reputation or business."

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Holiday Mate - warning

Definition of Defamation: A false accusation of an offence or malicious misrepresentation of someone's words of actions

You have not said anything untrue (I assume) so how could they prove that?

Definition of Blackmail:

Demand money from (a person) in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information:

Again I assume you have not done this either so where would they get evidence?

They're bluffing and trying to scare you if you hear anymore I'd tell them to provide evidence of their ridiculous claims or to stop harassing you!!

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu