We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mozzy bites

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
mozzy bites

as mozzys seem to like me, what is the best repelent to get, and also whats the best thing to put on the mozzy bites? thankyou

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mozzy bites

Check previous post lots about mozzy bites and lots of different opinions

Edited: 28 July 2012, 09:52
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mozzy bites

Avon Skin so Soft is widely recommended. Not actually sold as a mozzy repellant but definitely does the job. My wife is also a mozzy magnet and she starts taking anti-histamines & vitamin B compound tablets about a week before we travel. The combination helps reduce her reaction to the bites.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mozzy bites

Waspeeze spray is great for treating bites - spray as soon as you can and the swelling etc should disappear and it will stop the itch.

Sinkov is a great repellant you can buy in Turkey - and it is cheap. Spray it on your body especially in the early evening when they like to come out and hunt!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,364 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mozzy bites

This is the last thread on this forum with 28 replies

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609055-i10906-k…

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
303 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mozzy bites

Hello,

Treat the bites with "Stilex Jel" It can be purchased in 30gm tubes from any Chemist(Eczane) in Fethiye, Hisaronu or Calis.

John

Edited: 28 July 2012, 12:50
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mozzy bites

I am normally an all inclusive for the little horrors but this year I got bitten 4 times on the first day but I then bought some lemon spray(body cologne) from hisaronu and I wasnt bitten again and I used a plug in for the room

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mozzy bites

The problem with mozzies is they do not read this forum - and often they totally disregard what it says on repellent bottles, also they have other flying friends that bite , that also are not put off by some repellents.

İts a very individual thing - some folk could have a bath in strong repellent and get bitten, the next one puts on nothing and never sees a mozzie.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mozzy bites

Jungle formula is half price at a supermarket at the mo the english version of the 1 near the phone boxes in hisaronu

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mozzy bites

never kill a mozzie in your hotel room.............millions come to the funeral lol

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,364 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mozzy bites

Yes and remember lots of the products you buy contain Deet which is absorbed into the skin and will take off nail polish and the varnish from your furniture, so imagine what it does to you!! Also the plugs with Deet insecticide you put into your bedroom then close the door will be inhaled by you all night.

Best advise for the sake of your health, use Avon Skin So Soft for your skin and use one of the new plug-ins which will attract mozzies with a blue light and kill them and not harm you.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu