We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally!

Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Finally!

Finally after wanting to try hisaronu for years,I have actually booked it for next year! Went to marmaris 8 yrs ago but wasn't that keen! Thought turkey was beautiful though and food was the best I've ever had on holiday.I've booked a private apt at Orka village and bought my flights last night,now im hoping I've done the right thing!lol.we are going for 3 weeks at beginning of aug next year.we are 2 adults and 1 15 yr old and anybody else that wants to come,I was a bit impulsive and just did it without asking my other half! I hope it's as good as Ive imagined! Anybody been to Orka village?how much are meals etc like a nice steak etc,in English pounds?basically wanted to make sure I've done the right thing and it is actually a nice place! Sure it will be....can't wait!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally!

I would say you have definitely done the right thing! and am sure you will love it.

Marmaris is totally different. You are well placed in Hisaronu to get around to other places . , you're only 10 minutes on the dolmus to Olu Deniz and half hour to Fethiye etc. Its a great place

Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally!

Thankyou,I nearly booked olu deniz,but had heard we are better staying in hisaronu and getting a dolmus down,would u recommend any trips in particular?do you feel safe in hisaronu? Ooh just realised it's a year tmoro that we go,:) we went to lanzarote in June,but feel like I haven't had a hol now! So booked it early to cheer myself up!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally!

Must agree with Alison you have made a great choice in Hisaronu,,Totaly diferant from Marmaris..

You will love that area of Turkey...

WENDY

Edited: 28 July 2012, 11:12
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally!

Hope so,it nearly put us off going back to turkey,but loads of people have recommended hisaronu,can't wait! Do u know if we have far to walk into the centre from Orka village?

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally!

Have a look at

www.tinyakropol.com for trips. Saklikent is a lovely day out. Kayakoy too although you can get the dolmus there yourself. The jeep safari is another fun day out and of course a boat trip

Caroleand tayfun is another site to look at

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally!

We stayed at Orka village last year in a private apartment too they are lovely and orka is a very nice relaxed complex in a beautiful setting, you will not be disappointed with Hisaronu, weve been 5 times in the last couple of years, our daughter and her friends have just got back, and in two weeks we are going to Bodrum for a change hope Ive done the right thing as I do love Hisaronu, you will have a fab time we book trips with carole and tafun take a look on their website they are very reasonable, eating out is reasonable in Hisaronu too.

Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally!

Brill,I'll have a look.I actually looked at Carole and tayfuns website a few years ago,I looked at getting married in olu deniz,still haven't done it,only been together 24 years! Don't want to rush it!!!lol.might have a look while im there for the next year tho. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Orka village,just got a year to wait now:( oh well keeps a smile on my face,better start saving! Oh and slimming, got a feeling I'm goin to be eating lots of lovely food!!I thankyou:))

dunfermline
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally!

Orka Village is fantastic, we have been going to hisaronu for years and Orka Village is the best place we have stayed, stayed there twice and will return. Orka Village is a 5 minute stroll into the village, far enough away not to hear any noise at night You have made a good choice. We went to Marmaris once and hated it, hisaronu cannot be comapred to Marmaris, you wll see a hige difference..

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally!

Lmtay, you'll love the place. We went to Marmaris years ago and there's no comparison. Lots of nice places to eat and not far from Oludeniz and Fethiye. We first visited in 2001 and got the bug, been every year apart from one since. I feel very safe in Hisaronu/ Ovacik, have no problem walking down the street on my own.

Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally!

Oh good that's great to hear! Just hope my daughter doesn't get bored with us! I would take a friend but 3 weeks is a long time away from home,hope she meets people there,keep her from nattering me,sure she will.I said I'd take her to the mud baths! What's that like?are we far from there do you know?

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu