We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

needles

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
needles

Been advised by doctor that need needles for turkey is that correct?

Edited: 31 July 2012, 18:07
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: needles

We have been visiting Turkey since 1992 and we always keep ours up to date had them again this year before we went in June..They are recomended for Turkey but not mandatory..

WENDY

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: needles

thanks booked in for next thursday

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: needles

Nothing special for this part of Turkey.

Usual ones that everyone should have are more than ample

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,587 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: needles

Well, rang my Doctor's Surgery today and was told they are not doing these injections anymore and gave me the number of a clinic 25 miles away. I rang them and the cost is just under £100.00 for the injections needed. Apparently, most Doctors are now stopping this service, because, as I was told "The nurses don't have the time anymore".

Edited: 01 August 2012, 20:00
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: needles

I've never had any injections when I've been to hisaronu. Neither have my friends or family.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: needles

We have never had any injections either or advised to have any. What do u need them for?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: needles

The only things you would maybe want are tetanus, which you should keep up to date anyway and Hep A, which is recommended for all foreign travel.

What on earth are they trying to give you for £100?!

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: needles

we were advised by our surgery to have injections so thats what we did, why are you being charged £100 ?. questions need to be asked there.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: needles

Kedi is quite right but I would also make sure your polio vac is up to date.Polio is Still a problem in Turkey.Fraces-Jane is that £100 charge a Scottish thing?Perhaps its how they pay for your free prescriptions.Ha Ha;-)

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: needles

That's outrageous, £100 for basic jabs! OK, in the old days I used to go the the British Airways surgery for some gamma globulin and had to pay a small fee. But surely nowadays it can't be that bad? What exactly are they charging you for? I had a recent tetanus booster and it didn't cost me anything at my GP's surgery.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu