We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's in Hisaronu

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's in Hisaronu

Hi

I was just wondering if taxi drivers in this area are to be trusted? I have been to Greece in the past and was advised that taxi drivers are not to be trusted so it would be best to agree the fare before I got into it.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,585 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

Most of the yellow taxis have a board with destinations and costs clearly written on them. I don't think you can tar all Turkish taxi drivers as being dishonest.. Do you have a deep trust of every taxi driver in Liverpool?

Lots of the drivers, if you ask will give you a little discount, particularly if you agree to let them do a return journey. For example we got a taxi into Fethiye from Calis Beach. Cost for return journey 35 Lira. We asked the driver how much he would do it for and he said 30 Lira. He dropped us off at a restaurant and we gave him a ring when we were ready, he was there in 5 minutes. I would say that was a great and trustworthy service.

Edited: 04 August 2012, 10:34
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

No not in Liverpool, but I've heard some shocking stories about taxi drivers abroad ripping off tourists and as I've never been to Turkey I thoguht I'd make an inquiry into it before I travel.

That's a great help, thanks.

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

Never had a problem with them.Price always fair and as FJ says will always Knock a little off for the return fair.Although sometlmes drive a little fast lol..

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

You'll find that most of the taxi drivers in the resort can speak reasonable English. When you find one that you're happy with, ask him for his mobile number and he'll come running when call need him.

A good Turkish phrase to remember is "Indirim Varma?" = Is there a discount available ?

Edited: 04 August 2012, 14:02
Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

We used taxis a couple of times this year, no problem, they have meters

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

Thanks guys, most reassuring. Thanks for the additional advice also.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
522 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

We found all the taxi drivers to be fine, we mostly used the same driver through the hotel that was really friendly but as we don’t like to be tied to a return time we also used other drivers. Only had one bad experience when the driver fell asleep at the wheel resulting in us nearly crashing after he veered off the road and nearly ending up in a raven, I think the driver got the biggest shock with all my screaming lol.......

Tony

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

Did you get a picture of the large black bird that you almost ended-up in ? :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
522 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

Ha ha very funny KayaKoyuOldboy, the road was as black as a raven, wont tell you what colour my underpants were after lol....

Tony

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi's in Hisaronu

We used taxis from Hisaronu to Olu Deniz with no problem, think meter ran about a lira or two over advertised price but was ok, didnt ask for discout though, .

Lol Tony,but that must have been very scarey

Youre right to ask though Sergio cos we were a bit nervous getting into our first taxi in case it was going to cost us an arm and a leg!!

Edited: 04 August 2012, 15:58
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu