We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions.

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maidstone
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions.

Myself and my wife are traveling to Hisaranu for the 1st time on 6th September can anyone reccomend some excursions for a midle aged couple on thier 1st visit to Turkey and best place to book.

Thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions.

Saklikent is a great day out, a boat trip and the mud baths, Kayakoy, although you can get there by dolmus without booking a trip.

Have a look at www.tinyakropol.com to give you some idea of whats available.

Have a lovely time

Edited: 17 August 2012, 16:55
Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions.

You can take the dolmus to Fethiye too for a lovely wander around the town. 10 minutes on the dolmus down to Olu Deniz to the beach and maybe the Blue Lagoon

newham
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions.

hello mightygills.

you could try boat trips with hamish mcturk.he is very good,

he picks you up from your hotel/villa.

the jeep safaris are also very good value.his shop is in hisaronu,

just pop in and see him.people are always welcome.

if you have any more questions,

please ask.

kind regards.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions.

Hamish McTurk was one of the only agencies that sold tickets to the small swimming pool which was a hell hole for the two dolphins kept in there. Thanks goodness other businesses in HIsaronu helped all they could to free the dolphins and lots of other agencies refused to sell tickets.

It's up to the individual whether they want to support H.McTurk. I know how I feel about them.

I would advise you get the water taxi from Fethiye to Calis Beach. It's a 35 minute journey for 5 lira and a lovely trip. Calis is worth a visit. Lots of lovely restaurants and bars along a beautiful prom.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 17:42
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions.

Heres a suggestion for a lovely relaxing day in Olu Deniz on Sugar Beach. have a look at the website:

http://www.thesugarbeachclub.com/

If you phone they will pick you up and drop you off again at a time of your choice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions.

FrancesJane are you on commision from businesses in Calis as you always direct people on here th Calis.Your doing a great job though ;-)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions.

I am a D.E. for Fethiye, but as T.A. lump Calis in with Fethiye my expertise is Calis as we have a place there. So, I try to plug it whenever I can. I hope, one day T.A. give Calis it's own Forum...

However, cannot beat Hissy for the beauty salon "Booty" or the great shopping, never miss a couple of visits to this resort in the sky when we are staying in that beautiful resort of Calis :0).

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions.

F-J, I hope you never post your pro-Calis opinions on a certain H specific site. You'll be burnt as a heretic if you do :-)

Haven't been to Calis but might do the water taxi thing this time. Does it go from the same area as the boat trips?

Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions.

Cherry tree boat trip from oludeniz beach you can buy tickets in efes bar in the middle of the strip they pick you up n drop you off by far the best boat trip in olu in my opinion lovely BBQ lunch plenty of space onboard not packed in like most other boats and very cheap day out £10 per head if my memory serves me right....hope this helps

Edited: 18 August 2012, 13:07
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,886 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions.

Don't worry Keith, I am a member of the biggest and most successful Forum for the area The Calis Beach Forum, they are very chilled out and magnanimous and even have sections for Hissy, Olu, Ovacik etc.,

The Calis Beach Water Taxi is just along the Marina in front of Migros. This is a good website about the water taxi fethiye.co.uk/about-fethiye/places-to-visit/…

Edited: 18 August 2012, 15:09
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations