We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Sutton Coldfield
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Hi, We are a couple in our 50s hoping to go to Turkey September 2013 and wonder if anyone can help us with a bit of research before we book up. Looking at the brochures Hisaronu sounds up our street. We like to be able to sleep at night but don't like it too quiet - we are fans of live music if there is any. Can anyone advise of the price of eating out and drinks. Is it worth booking half board? Also what's the price of sunbeds/parasols in Olu Deniz please? In fact any tips for first timers would be much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Mugla Province, Turkey
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

There are loads of good hotels in Hisaronu, depends really what you are looking for and you budget.

We have stayed in various hotels & and can recommend all for different reasons. Which hotels are you looking at in particular.

I would recommend going B & B in Hisaronu as there are loads of good quality restaurants to eat at in Hisarony, Olu Deniz, Fethiye & Kaya.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Mugla Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Try putting 'first timers' or 'tips' or 'advice' in the search box above and also on the Olu Deniz forum search box and you'll get masses of info.

Personally I'd advise B & B or SC or you'll miss out on lots of great eating out experiences!

Sutton Coldfield
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Thanks both.

Tiger - we haven't decided on a hotel yet but would like something small and friendly. The Happy Hotel looks good - do you know of it?

Deedee - thanks for the tip - I will search for advice on the forum as suggested.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Do you mean the Happy Nur hotel? I know of the hotel but not stayed there.

Now I know what sort of place you are looking for have a look at the Ozturk or the Ramos. Both are small & friendly and very clean.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Hi there, we paid 18tl for 2 sunbeds & a parasol at the lagoon in July.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Hi,

I have just updated prices/costs in the Oludeniz forum (10 minutes down the mountain from Hisaronu)

Great place to start and lots of advice on that forum too, plus the Fethiye forum.

As regards to half board- not in my opinion- far too many great places to dine out, plus of course you can opt for a meal at your hotel if you decide at the time.

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Must admit, I am only looking for self catering for next year as I want to try a different restaurant for every meal, and don't want to be tied down at all! If I want to sleep in following a night out I don't want to have to get up just cos 'ive paid for breakfast' there are too many nice places to eat and drink enjoy :)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Exactly bettyboop, although breakfast is usually free anyway- hate the fact that you have to head back to a hotel for meals when you may not even be hungry. A holiday should be completely free of time restraints.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

I'll third that S/C is always our first choice no clocks to control you!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First visit to Turkey next year - tips please!

Next door to Hisaronu you have Ovacik. Nice quiet place to stay but within 10 mins walk of livelier Hisaronu. Theres lots of nice restaurant in Ovacik itself with even more in Hisaronu.

We stayed last summer for 3 weeks in Ovacik at www.greenvalleyaprt.com

Lovely place to stay. Lots of restaurants have really good deals on for tourist menus for example 3 courses for under 20 lira. Normally you are offered free bread and dips before you eat your meal.

There was a nice little bakery in the main street in Ovacik (opposite Azda) where you could buy delicious fresh baked bread and rolls. Self catering definately suited us, we would stock up on drinks from Azda and buy our fresh bread from the bakery. It was open all hours. We loved that neck of the woods!

Good luck with your searching.

Mentioned in this post
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu